CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #901
Marta Joy

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Just like Tamara I like a nice drink to soothe my tummy. I drink some wine maybe 3-4 nights a week.

As for Thanksgiving I cheated, I tried a little bit of everything- we had a pot luck kind of a thing so there was a lot of that "BAD" food. I felt totally fine the next day, i had no problems at all. BUT i am also not food sensitive. What i did find is that I am a bit depressed and bored with my food after having a day of freedom...so i gotta get back on it again because I love how i feel and look since i started this diet some 30 days ago.

Anyone here have any fun Lunch recipes they can share that's not salad??? thanks guys!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #902
Marta Joy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
Thank you all for some encouragement!
I did the Whole30 in September and loved it-once I got going anyway

I have done OK since then but have basically fallen off the paleo wagon.
I am wanting to start the strict Whole30 again but dont want to have to wait til after Christmas. What do you think of a planned cheat day on Chrismas if I start the Whole30 now?
I can probably guess the answers but we have a family tradition of Buccas for Christmas Eve dinner and B&G for Christmas breakfast.
I guess I have to weigh my options.
I am leaning towards pretty paleo until Christmas and Dec 26th as Whole30 day1.
Christmas only comes once a year...I say go for it and cheat! You know we all will. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #903
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta Joy View Post
Christmas only comes once a year...I say go for it and cheat! You know we all will. Good luck.
Thanks. I think I am just not going to worry about it until the 26th.
paleo until then and Whole30 again for a new years jumpstart.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #904
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta Joy View Post
Anyone here have any fun Lunch recipes they can share that's not salad??? thanks guys!
Do you take your lunch to work or go home?

I am so lucky that I can go home for an hour at lunch.
So my lunch is usually something, that has been marinated, on the George Forman grill and salad (sorry, easy veggies) or I will fix something quick while the meat is cooking.
I also throw stuff in a crockpot in the morning and it is ready by lunch.
I also try and make extra when I fix dinner so I can have leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day.

Last edited by Christy Labrie : 12-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #905
Marta Joy

Profile:

I work in a hair salon so I stay at work and eat between clients. But I have a hard time being creative...know what I mean?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #906
Eric Gagnon

Profile:

I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago: http://mikegoldberg.com/paleomama/ (safe for all)

It has some yummy recipes on it, even a few for the slow cooker.

I made the garlic and chicken one yesterday and it was awesome. When I got home I threw some brocolli and summer squash in a pot and had that with the chicken. Good stuff.

Figured this could help spice it up!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #907
Marta Joy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gagnon View Post
I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago: http://mikegoldberg.com/paleomama/ (safe for all)

It has some yummy recipes on it, even a few for the slow cooker.

I made the garlic and chicken one yesterday and it was awesome. When I got home I threw some brocolli and summer squash in a pot and had that with the chicken. Good stuff.

Figured this could help spice it up!
THANKS!

BTW nice back piece!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #908
Eric Gagnon

Profile:

Thanks

No problem. I have a few other sites bookmarked at my home computer - cant remember them off the top of my head - ill try to remember to post them up when i get a sec at the house.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #909
Angela Huizenga

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
But it's like stuff I never wanted before I suddenly want because it's not paleo and I can't have it. How long does this period last?
This period has never gone away for me.....I am generally fine, but pretty much 2-3x/week I have a craving for something I can't have. I usually find though, that if I give in and do have it, it's not nearly as good as I want it to be/remember it to be. Unless its break 'n bake nestle tollhouse cookies straight outta the oven with a cold glass of milk... that my friend, is where I fall off the wagon! I also can't go to the grocery store if I'm really hungry.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #910
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Huizenga View Post
This period has never gone away for me.....I am generally fine, but pretty much 2-3x/week I have a craving for something I can't have. I usually find though, that if I give in and do have it, it's not nearly as good as I want it to be/remember it to be. Unless its break 'n bake nestle tollhouse cookies straight outta the oven with a cold glass of milk... that my friend, is where I fall off the wagon! I also can't go to the grocery store if I'm really hungry.
Yeah I hear that. Except the part about the cookies. Sweets have never been my weakness.
Someone could say "Hey there's cake/cookies/doughnuts/whatever in the break room!" and I wouldn't even go check. But then if they go "Hey there's chips and salsa/tacos/pizza/chicken strips!" then I'm knocking people over in my mad rush for the break room.
If you gave me a choice between the fanciest steakhouse in town with the best steak ever and a mexican restaurant I'd take the mexican restaurant every time. When I go to steakhouses and people are buying and say "You can have anything, any steak you want." I usually still get chicken strips and fries.
So yeah my weakness is a bit different. lol