CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #991
Sarah Clent

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Well i am back on the paleo wagon too! Also 2nd time around

I have a holiday to Bali on the 6th March and i want to drop 5kgs of FAT for it (i want to keep my muscle thanks hehe)

Good bye to alcohol for a month as well . . . . . Its friday here in Aus and all i want to do is have that friday arvo wine but no! Robb has given me the challenge of cutting ALL booze for a month... Lets see if this gets me lean!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #992
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Clent View Post
Well i am back on the paleo wagon too! Also 2nd time around

I have a holiday to Bali on the 6th March and i want to drop 5kgs of FAT for it (i want to keep my muscle thanks hehe)

Good bye to alcohol for a month as well . . . . . Its friday here in Aus and all i want to do is have that friday arvo wine but no! Robb has given me the challenge of cutting ALL booze for a month... Lets see if this gets me lean!

I can cut booze out for a month but the problem is that it comes back w/a vengeance after that. This month will be an interesting test for me. During my first challenge, I just avoided going out on saturday nights to keep me away from the booze. But this time, I'm going to actually go out a few times during the 30 days. Not so much that I want to torture myself but I want to prove to myself that I can be at a club or a bar or out w/friends and still have fun w/o alcohol..

Besides, I'm sure talking to women w/the absence of slurred speech and whiskey breath will have it's advantages as well.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #993
Sarah Clent

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
I can cut booze out for a month but the problem is that it comes back w/a vengeance after that. This month will be an interesting test for me. During my first challenge, I just avoided going out on saturday nights to keep me away from the booze. But this time, I'm going to actually go out a few times during the 30 days. Not so much that I want to torture myself but I want to prove to myself that I can be at a club or a bar or out w/friends and still have fun w/o alcohol..

Besides, I'm sure talking to women w/the absence of slurred speech and whiskey breath will have it's advantages as well.
Hahahaha set yourself quite the challenge! I dont think i could go clubbing and put up with drunken people unless i am one of the drunken people!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #994
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Clent View Post
Hahahaha set yourself quite the challenge! I dont think i could go clubbing and put up with drunken people unless i am one of the drunken people!!!
I was the only sober person on Halloween. And, everyone decided to bake cookies at 3:00 am. That was interesting, ha. Good thing was it was all CrossFitters and they understood...they were just making it a cheat night, and I was in my first strict 30 days. It was really funny to watch people do drunk one armed handstands, though. I hit Halloween and my birthday in that first month .
Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #995
Chad Ryan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
I think zone is a nice transitional thing for many people. If you stick to the favorable carbs, it's not too far off from Paleo.
Yeah, that's what I am hoping for. I think I am almost all favorable carbs except for breakfast (I will have a cup of oatmeal or two corn tortillas) and I may have a 1/2 cup of black beans throughout the day. I am eating cottage cheese and some lowfat string cheese so this weekend when I am prepping my meals I am going to see if I can cut out the remaining unfavorable carbs and the dairy.

I am getting sick of measuring everything already though and I am hoping to have enough information to start Paleo on week three (I am concerned about overeating as I am looking to cut up). I have cut out alcohol as well, so this weekend will be interesting!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #996
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

I'm adding more fat. Yesterday, I weighed 136, today 135.5. That means I'm down 9 lbs since starting Paleo in October. Totally unacceptable. I bought a gallon of coconut milk and a giant bag of walnuts. I'm going to add some more avocado also. I think my recent exhaustion is from too little fat also.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #997
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Olive oil over your veggies too Tamara, some good healthy fats that way too.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #998
Diane Mahoney

Profile:

How is your fruit intake, Tamara? That is something I am limiting in order to lose weight, so it makes sense you might add some to keep from losing.

I have lost seven pounds in the past ten days. Hopefully I will lose ten more! And get some pullups!

Last edited by Diane Mahoney : 01-10-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #999
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
Olive oil over your veggies too Tamara, some good healthy fats that way too.
Yeah. I do coconut oil over them also. But, I actually need to up my veggies in general also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Mahoney View Post
How is your fruit intake, Tamara? That is something I am limiting in order to lose weight, so it makes sense you might add some to keep from losing.

I have lost seven pounds in the past ten days. Hopefully I will lose ten more! And get some pullups!
Congrats, Diane. I haven't limited fruit at all. I eat a ton of fruit...and I'm still losing weight, ugh. I know some people limit fruit, but I tolerate the sugar fine, even though I cannot tolerate processed sugar AT ALL.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #1000
Jessica Hall

Profile:

What a disaser the weekend was.
Had a massive pizza splurge on Sunday and a beer. Felt gross and sick aftwards.
Had a few beers on friday too and pastry.
Im counting today as day 1 again. I cant handle any small cheats. Need to get the body off the addiction of the bad stuff. Not going to be easy, I have 4 days off this weekend.

I think its a great idea to start a threat for the after 30 day challange.

How many days left now Tamara and Diane?

Im going to do the 30 days no alcohol and no cheats at all. Need to stop making bullsh** excuses.

seven pounds in ten days, nice work Diane