CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #171
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Lampl View Post
So, now, its my Azz, Elbow, knees and shoulder that all hurt!

Have you thought of donating your bod to science?
There is a saying that if you never do anything you'll never get hurt. That is very true, however I think my personal preference is that i'd rather die trying than never to try at all!

Today:
Treadmill warm-up starting at 2 mph & increase .3 mph every minute. I got up to about 6.5 mph before i had to quit. It wasn't the speed, but the duration that got to me.

2 sets of 10 pull-ups (74lb assist), 3 sets of 10 captains chair knee raises, 3 sets of 10 hang power cleans w/45 lb bar, 2 sets of 10 back extensions, 20 wall-ball shots w/6 lb ball.

The globo gyms are getting busy now so everytthing i tried to do crossfit style got interrupted by someone using the piece of equipment i wanted.

My inner thighs are sore from walking lunges yesterday, both shoulders and triceps are now sore from the isolation exercises the doctor gave me (skipped today), chest still sore but getting a little better, bump on my butt is really just starting to bother me, and my elbows and knees are almost totally better.

It's now time for Advil, Wine and to sit and read the manual i just got for next weekends Crossfit Gymnastics cert. I think i better reserve some time to heal this week. I'll take tomorrow off, then wo Mon, Tue & the last workout of the week will be Wednesday. Massage & rest on Thursday and rest again Friday.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #172
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Today:

Dynamic warm-up
Treadmill warm-up (from 3mph up to 5 in .5 increments)
6mph for 3 minutes
3mph for 2 minutes
7mph for 3 minutes
3mph for 2 minutes

Deadlift (warm-up up to 75lbs)
3 sets of 3 at 95 lbs
1 set of 3 at 100 lbs
1 set of 3 at 105 lbs (PR!)

Assisted Dips & Pull-ups -- really light as this is my first time with dips since chest/shoulder injury. Worked my way in sets of 5 of each from 100lbs to 74 lbs assist.

Shoulder Press
1 set of 10 with 10lb dumbbells
1 set of 10 with 15lb dumbbells
2 sets of 3 with 45lb bar (struggle -- could be a PR, not positive)
2 sets of 3 push-press with 45lb bar.

Also hang from the pull-up bar for 5 seconds and tried some L-sits on the tricep dip handles -- couldn't quite get my legs up to parallell but didn't want to push-it on the shoulders/chest.

All that and the chest feels ok for now. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I figured i should start to push it just a little at a time to see what i'm capable of for next weekends gymnastics cert. Can't wait!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #173
Helen Lawson

Profile:

My upper back/posterior shoulder girdle, lower back and hamstrings were sore today. Rest of shoulders and chest were fine.

Today 3 Rounds in 13.5 minutes of:
-- 16 walking lunges (8 each leg)
-- 18 walk-outs (from standing arms overhead, walking out to plank and back up)
-- 20 seated side ball taps (tapping the 4 lb ball on the floor on each side 20 times)

I wanted to find a wall to bounce pass the ball against, but no such luck! My dog Charlie got really scared every time i bounced it so i had to give up & just tap.

The walk-outs are hard -- I got really out of breath. They would be good for a tabata!

Today i taxed my chest injury just a little bit more with "walk-outs". If i feel fine tomorrow I'll try "high bar push-ups". Push-ups on the bar of a smith machine set at about hip bone height.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #174
Delita Wright

Profile:

Helen, I'm so thrilled to read your success in turning your body around. I really like your detailed workouts although they pain part doesn't appeal. Just great to see you going at it so well. Delita
Old 12-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #175
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Helen,

Some really nice work the last couple of days! Great runs on the treadmill! 7 MPH for 3 minutes is cooking!

Congrats on the DL PR!! Woo Hoo!! Great work on the dips, pull-ups, and shoulder presses! Way to keep at it!

Take care!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #176
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
I really like your detailed workouts although they pain part doesn't appeal.
Thanks Delita. Changes i've made since starting crossfit are remarkable! Better than I've done on my own or any other program. For me, injuries are part of life. Almost every day when i wake up something hurts, its just a matter of what, for how long and how bad. It doesn't usually make me feel old as i've always been that way since i was a kid. The only time my body feels good is when its over 80 degrees inside and out! I've just got to move somewhere warm all the time!

Thanks Stephen too for your encouragement! I'm actually starting to like running although i hate the treadmill. I'd much rather be outside with fresh air and i can more easily pace myself. But, again, too cold here. Whenever i run outside in cold weather i get a sinus infection. I think thats what caused the last one i'm just getting over.

Well, only 4 months till spring!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:27 AM   #177
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Yesterday I did squat, anchored sit-ups, assisted pull-up, and high bar push-up tabatas. I didn't keep score as i was in a crowded globo gym.

When i was in the middle of my squat tabatas some guy actually made me stop because he just had to get the the paper towel dispenser next to me.

Today I'm pretty much sore all over. My shoulders and chest are sore, but I think just normal DOMS sore from the push-ups not "pain". My hamstrings, inner thighs, back (upper & lower) are all mildly sore. But, overall i feel pretty good.

I can't wait to get back to the regular WOD on the main site. As long as i don't hurt myself at the gymnastics cert this weekend then it should be some time in the next few weeks.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #178
Helen Lawson

Profile:

So I haven't done anything the past few days and I feel 90% recovered from WOD's and injuries. My first Crossfit cert starts tomorrow and I'm nervous. For all the other fitness certs i know what to expect, but i'm guessing that crossift is going to be more physically demanding than all the others. I'm scared that i'll be the weakest one, the oldest one, the only girl??? I just don't know what to expect.

For tonight...2 glasses of wine down...1 to go... and we'll see what happens in the morning!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #179
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Helen, you're gonna have a great time at your cert!!! Remember that probably everyone is nervous about the same things you are. Can't wait to hear your report after the weekend.

Have fun!

Hi Charlie!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #180
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Helen,

You won't be the only woman there. Besides, it doesn't matter what your age is, you are doing CF and you are there to learn a new skill. That in and of itself is awesome!

Relax and enjoy yourself!