CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #121
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Todays WOD was my first Cindy:

Cindy Puppy version
* 10 Rounds in 12 minutes of:
-- 2 "Pistol" Pull-ups (1 each leg)
-- 4 Push-ups at the top of the stairs
-- 7 Air Squats

I thought this was going to be easy! AMRAP in 12 minutes! I got out of breath at about the 5th round and my legs feel like limp noodles!

I love it!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #122
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Rest weekend -- Kinda. We are trying to sell our house and had an open house. I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning, played 18 at Mohawk yesterday (sucked real bad) and all morning today cleaning. Nobody came to the open house! I hate NY! Only because its getting cold out. I shouldn't say I hate NY, I just hate the cold!

Also my chest was quite sore yesterday from the push-ups I'm guessing. I'll blame my bad golf game on push-ups and cold weather. It was so cold i was doing walking lunges all the way up several fairways to try to get my body heat up! The people we played with thought i was nuts! My partner Ann G. knows i'm nuts.

Anyway, back to work and the WODs tomorrow. For now i've got paper work to do and wine to drink.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #123
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Todays WOD, puppies version: AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
-- 25 pound Thruster, 5 reps
-- 25 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
-- 25 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

5 Rounds at 3 minutes per round.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #124
Bryon Pinkoski

Profile:

In response to your question on the main board about when to move up from 1 level to the next (puppies to pack or what have you).

At the recent Crossfit kids cert this question was asked and Jeff Martin replied, when you are doing the current level as "rx'd" ("puppy Fran as "Rx'd") most of the time. Over 80% I think was what was tossed around.

So if your doing the Puppies as Rx'd over the course of a month there are about 22-23 workouts. If you have to scale MORE that 4 or 5 of them during that month you aren't ready to move up.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bryon Pinkoski : 10-20-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling grammar errors.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #125
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon Pinkoski View Post
In response to your question on the main board about when to move up from 1 level to the next (puppies to pack or what have you).

At the recent Crossfit kids cert this question was asked and Jeff Martin replied, when you are doing the current level as "rx'd" ("puppy Fran as "Rx'd") most of the time. Over 80% I think was what was tossed around.

So if your doing the Puppies as Rx'd over the course of a month there are about 22-23 workouts. If you have to scale MORE that 4 or 5 of them during that month you aren't ready to move up.

Hope this helps.
Yes, that makes sense. I think i'll balance that with how sore i'm getting. Also, i think i'll wait until golf season is totally over before i try moving up at all. I don't really know how i made the jump from "buttercup" to "puppies". It just kinda happened without me noticing.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #126
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon Pinkoski View Post
In response to your question on the main board about when to move up from 1 level to the next (puppies to pack or what have you)....Hope this helps.
Thank you Bryon! Sorry, didn't say thank you in my previous message! I'm such a twit sometimes!

Todays WOD, puppy version:

Ten rounds for time of:
-- 5 Burpees -- push-ups on 4th stair, touch floor & jump up
-- 5 Pull-ups -- pistol pull-ups w/one foot on the floor other straight leg.

17 minutes -- my pull-up contraption broke mid-way through and i had to stop and repair it (about 3 minutes).

I really just wasn't into it today. Tired i guess. And cold. I hate being cold!
And my left shoulder hurts a little. This morning i tried do man push-ups on the floor and i think maybe i just over-did it a little. So i didn't want to push it too much.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #127
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Todays WOD: Run 5K -- Yeah, right! So, I ran (walked/jogged) down the street to Union College. I jogged around the track 3 times without stopping to walk or puke (PR!). Then I walked home. Total 1.75 miles -- 23 minutes.

Yeah, ok, But, this is a PR for me! I can't remember the last time i jogged 3/4 mile without stopping! I think the difference was my iPod. I never would have kept going without it! Thank you Ray (birthday present last year)!

So my plan is to keep doing this route until i get it under 20 minutes. Then add another lap around the track. Once i can do 2 miles in 20 minutes I'll keep adding laps. Did i mention i hate to run? At least i wasn't cold!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #128
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Nice running, Helen. I am impressed, because I have the same struggle with running that you do! Keep it up. Everyone tells me it'll get easier. I hope they're right!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #129
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Nice running, Helen. I am impressed, because I have the same struggle with running that you do! Keep it up. Everyone tells me it'll get easier. I hope they're right!
Thanks Nancy. I'm going to sign up for the Crossfit Endurance/Pose running certification in March so i figure i better get in shape for that. Also, my boyfriend (who does no workouts at all) said he'd like to try running with me! Anything i can get him to do would be awesome!

The night after the "run" my left calf cramped up so bad i couldn't stand on it at all. I figure it is a vitamin deficiency of some kind due to my messed up diet. Potasium, Magnesium, etc.... The calf is still a little sore so no more running for a while.

Yesterday:
-- 4 Rounds for time of 400 m Row on C2 with a 2 minute break between each round. 14:10 including breaks, 8:10 without breaks.

Today:
Cossfit total (cft). I didn't want to do my absolute 1RM since I had no squat rack, no spotter, couldn't dump the weight.

So I'll estimate my 1RM:

45 lb Shoulder Press x3 = Estimate 1RM = 49.5
45 lb Back Squat x6 = Estimate 1RM = 54 lbs
106 lb Deadlift x1 = PR!

Actual CFT = 196 lbs (Estimated CFT = 209.5) = PR! Previous was about 185.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #130
Helen Lawson

Profile:

I almost forgot that i had another PR yesterday. At the gym after the rowing i did a few assisted pull-ups. My best so far: 1 Parallell grip pull-up with 28lbs assist.