CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #101
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Today i worked 1/2 day, went grocery shopping, paid bills, had 1 client & 2 glasses of wine.

My back is still sore a little but better. I found myself buying heavy things in the grocery store just so i could lift something! Isn't that rediculous?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #102
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I found myself buying heavy things in the grocery store just so i could lift something! Isn't that rediculous?
OMG! And I was thinking of mopping the floors in my house, to get a good arm workout! We are sick!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #103
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
We are sick!
I always say i need to join "Over do-ers anonymous"!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #104
Helen Lawson

Profile:

My back still hurt just a little, but not bad at all. I worked 1/2 day then tried to play golf but it was too cold, windy, and rainy. Yuck!

I worked out for the first time all week and feel better than i have all week. Todays WOD:

5 rounds in 20 minutes of:
-- 20 Air Squats
-- 20 Inverted rows w/bar at chest hieght
-- 20 Full sit-ups
-- 1 bench push-up (chest to touch bench)
-- 1 pull-up (40 lb assist)
-- 1 dip (40 lb assist)

Yes, my back still hurts. No, it doesn't hurt any worse or any differently then it did before. But, most importantly -- I feel awesome! Better than i have all week!

I also came to another realization about the pain in my back. First, i realized that my stomache has been kinda messed up and crampy ever since my back pain started. So, which came first? Which is the cause and which is the effect? I have no idea! I'm going to take a systematic approach to figuring out how to get rid of it. I'm going to try something different every day or 2 days (depending on what i try) to see what happens. Here are some of the things i'm going to try:

-- heat overnight (was doing ice per chiropractor instruction -- heat is on now)
-- no carbohydrates (i have blood sugar issues)
-- no alcohol ??
-- no fruit ??
-- no cold food ??

All of the diet things are things that have either given me trouble in the past or that doctors have told me to try cutting out for various reasons. Hopefully the heat (or the workout) will do the trick and make my back feel better.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #105
Helen Lawson

Profile:

My back still hurt today, but not too bad. Not until after my workout anyway!

Today i did:

B!itchy Death by "Clean & Jerk" (B!tch = Female puppy)
With a continuously running clock do one 33 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 33 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 33 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute… continuing as long as you are able. Use as many sets each minute as needed.

I did 6 minutes + 6 -- cleaning from the floor and setting the weights down gently in my living room. I'm sure i could have done more if i dropped the weight.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #106
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Today i walked 18 holes of golf (cold!), went grocery shopping, came home and rested for a while, then the WOD:

“Barbie”

Five rounds, each for time of:
-- 5 Pull-ups -- feet on stool, but to floor, chin to bar
-- 10 Push-ups -- top of stairs
-- 15 Sit-ups -- oblique twists as my abs are quite sore
-- 20 Squats -- lower than usual (to stool w/phone book on top)
Rest precisely three minutes between each round.

Rounds: 2:30, 2:37, 2:17, 2:21, 2:17

My back was just a little sore all day, but not too terribly bad. The workout didn't seem to affect it.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #107
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Yesterday i walked 18 holes of golf and i can't remember the last time i played that bad! But, i played with Ray, Ron and "Bucket" and we had a good time. Then because my back was a little sore, no workout.
Today, office job all day, 1 client, then:

Three rounds for time of:
35 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
35 pound Hang power clean, 12 reps
35 pound Front Squat, 9 reps
35 pound Push Jerk, 6 reps

Rounds: 10 min (focusing on form), 7 min, 7.5 min

Deadlifts didn't hurt my back and they were the easiest. Everything was pretty easy overall except i got pretty out of breath which kept my time down.

I scheduled 3 visits with dr. kim the chiropractor and if that doesn't fix my back i'll go see my regular doctor and get a referral to an orthopedist.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #108
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Yesterday i walked 9 holes, visit with the chiropractor, 1 client (fast walk 20 minutes -- she had the 20lb vest on).

WOD: Push-ups & "Weighted" pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
The weight was my body weight.
Push-ups (3rd stair) and pull-ups (butterfly feet on floor)

Ohhh...a few days ago when i did like 100 roll-ups -- my abs were sore for 3 days!

And last night and today my hamstrings are quite tight & sore from Mondays WOD.

My back is still sore and the doc said to keep icing it. So, i'm trying a real ice pack instead of the "biofreeze" -- less messy.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #109
Helen Lawson

Profile:

I just went through my log to try to figure out how i hurt my back.

I hate to put any blame on anyone else -- but i think my dog did it! Or at least maybe made it worse! Until he gave me the black eye i was working out regularly with heavy weights, no mention of back pain.

I remember that my back hurt at least a little bit before i attempted the virtual shoveling (i'm sure i shouldn't have done that!)

So, i bet thats it, the little guy must have hit me so hard that it hurt my back! I was bent over at the time when he hit me so it kinda makes sense.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #110
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Rest day today: Worked at my desk job for 8 hours, had a client, then company for dinner. No wine, but too much pasta & bread!

I'm doing "Linda" aka "3 bars of death" with a client for the first time tomorrow! She's done each exercise before, but now its time to put it all together! She'll love it!