CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #91
Nancy Cohen

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

At least you have a legit excuse.

I just never got around to working out. Me bad.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:25 AM   #92
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
At least you have a legit excuse.
I just never got around to working out. Me bad.
Nancy, with what you've been up to, your body needs the rest!

My back is feeling much better today -- Doctor Kim fixed me up good!

My shoulders & chest are quite sore still from the push-ups this week. I really wanted Isabel but i don't think my shoulders could take it. Assuming i feel ok after playing golf and 1 client today then I'll do Nicole tonight.

I won't get home until 6:30 tonight so i won't have long. 10 Minute warm-up, 20 Minute Nicole and 15 minutes of Yoga stretching should be perfect!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #93
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Here was my day today:

Desk job from 7:30 -- 11:30
18 Holes of golf (boy did i suck!) -- Noon - 4pm My back felt fine until about the 16th hole.
1 PT Client -- 5-6pm

WOD:
CFWU x 2
My wimpy back hurting buttercup version of "Nicole" in 20 minutes:
2 Rounds wearing 20lb vest the entire time:
19 Total Gym pull-ups
Fast Walk/Jog/Crawl around the block (600 meters)

My back is killing me again, but hopefully it is just the muscle being a little sore from being all knotted up for a few days. If it hurts when i wake up tomorrow NO WOD for me!

For now, wine, ice cream, Shiatsu massage chair, and bed.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #94
Helen Lawson

Profile:

My back hurt pretty much all day today, again. I put a heat wrap on it and hoping it feels good enough within a few hours to do todays WOD (30 muscle-ups), but it's highly unlikely. The thought keeps going through my head that as soon as i decide not to do the WOD i can have a glass of wine.

We'll see. I'm going to sit and watch golf for a while and see how it feels.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #95
Helen Lawson

Profile:

OK, this is evil and wrong, but i have chronic over-doers syndrome -- I need help! As soon as my boyfriend left the house i started my WOD:

CFWUx2
30 Total Gym Muscle-ups in 15.5 minutes
20 TOtal Gym Knees to Elbows in 1 minute

The wine is already poured and time to relax. I'm addicted to XFit, i just can't help myself! I'm sure my back will pay for it tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #96
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Helen, you're worrying me! Please...listen to your body and let it heal!!! Then, when you're all healthy again, I bet you will kick a** on your workouts.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #97
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Helen, you're worrying me! Please...listen to your body and let it heal!!! Then, when you're all healthy again, I bet you will kick a** on your workouts.

Yes, of course you're right Nancy. Even before crossfit I would push until i absolutely couldn't push any more. And today was it. I played 18 holes of golf and almost had to stop my back hurt so bad. Called my chiropractor today and i'll try his advice about how to fix it myself. We'll see what happens.

Golf tomorrow morning, but i think regardless of how my back feels i should take a few days off from working out.

Todays WOD sounded like so much fun too!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #98
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Helen, after your back is better, and then you do your first workout, and you set PR's and kick a**, you will be thanking me!!

Of course I'm just giving you a hard time too. I really hope you feel better.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #99
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Nancy, again, thanks for checking up on me.

Today, no WOD -- I haven't even looked at what it is so that i'm not tempted. My back was Sooooo sore when i woke up. It was stiff, very little "pain", but extremely stiff. Hot shower, then heat for 15 minutes then "Biofreeze" then golf.

I played golf with Haeja, Ray and Scott B (hot Scott) the pro.
Tip about your golf game: Scott said: If you keep your back to the target a few seconds longer you'll gain another 10-15 yards. Same thing the other Scott told me.

Walked 9, rode 9, and shot 85. Had fun! Got home and took Charlie for a walk (about 1600 meters) then home, laundry, paper work and relax.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #100
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Went to see Doctor Kim (Chiropractor) after work today. He said my sacrum/pelvis was off a little but my lumbar spine was also out of wack. The erectors down the lumbar spine and around the pelvis were quite tender. He put me on what i call the "tick-tock table" and it almost instantly felt better.

He also said no alcohol, golf, weights, squats or yoga for 3 days. He said i could use the Eliptical!

I'll take most of his advice but something has to give! If i can't play golf or workout for 3 days i'm sure as h*ll going to have a glass of wine when i get home. So, I'm counting today Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with no workout, no golf, etc... I'm playing golf on Thursday and if my back hurts then no WOD. We'll see.

He was very upset about all the twisting Yoga poses i showed him that i do, but they make me feel so good! Maybe just some Sun Salutations? No twisting? I'll start there on Wednesday night with my client and see how it goes. Until then NOTHING! Ugghhh!