CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
Mirza Besic

Profile:
Re: Is it normal to have little or no DOMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Cheney View Post
When I first started CF, I was sore for days after some of the workouts (e.g. 400 m lunge walk). Admittedly, I had not been working out as faithfully pre-CF as I usually did. Nine weeks later, I have little or no soreness the day after the WOD. Have other CF'ers experienced this?

I can tell there is some fatigue, particularly if the same muscle groups are used the next day. I used to gauge the effectiveness of a workout by how sore I was the day after. Of course, my times are getting better, so I know CF works.

No, I'm not complaining and yes, I'm going as hard as I can. I'm just curious about a possible explanation.
Yeah it's pretty normal, some people are in really bad shape and they get sore all the time. I can't do the same workout more then a few weeks before I stop being sore for longer than 24 hours. After a few months the soreness doesn't last longer than the next sleep session.

The way I judge a workout is how much energy I have walking out of the gym. Trust your own instinct, you can't lie to yourself you can only pretend to think otherwise. If your walking out of the gym, ask yourself was your workout everything it could be or was your effort half assed. I know that sometimes I walk out of the gym thinking, my god I just wasted my time all mad at myself and other times I walk out totally high on the fact that I had an amazing workout!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #12
Derek Maffett

Profile:
Re: Is it normal to have little or no DOMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ashley View Post
Yes, I have experienced the same. Previous workouts would leave me sore for 2 days in that body part. CF, not so much. It's great! (except for the lunge workout, which wiped me out for FOUR days!)
I almost wonder if I did that workout correctly. I was done in 9:59 and all I got was some soreness in the glutes.

*Just looked at the scores for that workout. OPT was around 8 minutes.*

Last edited by Derek Maffett : 02-19-2008 at 01:26 AM.