CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Stephane Hachey

Profile:
Ouch, my legs!

Wow, what a workout. Just tried out crossfit yesterday for the first time and can barely walk today. I love it. The sad part is that I only did half the filthy fifty workout and had to stop. Actually I had even cut it down to a filthy 20 at that. 6 minutes in and I was done. I've been going to the gym for awhile now and yesterday I realized that I was wasting my time. In 6 minutes I sweat more than I usually would during an hour long workout. O well, now I know. Can't wait till I can actually complete a whole WOD. In a few months hopefully. Later
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Ryan Irish

Profile:
Re: Ouch, my legs!

Isn't it great when you come to realize that a few minutes of CF completely blows away your old regimen? I would hazard to guess that 99.9% of the people on this board realized that the same way you did...WOD #1. You were wise to scale it down, and would be wiser to continue doing so until your body starts adjusting to the demands of CF. Until then, read, read, read, and watch as many demos, seminar clips, WOD's and coaching clips as possible. You won't find a group of more helpful fitness gurus than the people of CF, so never hesitate to ask for help. Welcome and best of luck!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Stephane Hachey

Profile:

Thanks Ryan,
Yea, me and my buddy are doing this together. Going to start on monday but with saturdays WOD. A couple days behind gives us enough time to research the exercises we are not familiar with. I like how we can get scaled down versions on the brand x site. Will probably need those for awhile. My goal is 8 minutes tomorrow without passing out, lol.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Joseph Scott

Profile:

I did it first while away on an army course in Fredericton, at first I was puzzled at the weird PT. By lunch hour my whole body felt like I had taken a beating.

But that isn't what hooked me. It was the other guys who did it all the time, they were able to continue working hard all day long. They obviously felt it too, but were accustomed to the beating and never gave in to the pain. Their recovery was amazing.

I had to have that.