CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
My same gal that brought her pushup numbers from 20 to 50 without us doing pushups(though we do a fair amount of ring dips) has had a tremendous improvement in her grip as a result of having to hold on to the pullup bar, the kettlebells and other things that try to come out of her hands. She had a friend in school that trained in fencing with her. They had this little post training contest where they would test each other's grip by shaking hands and squeezing. Until recently, this was always a stand off. Kelly said that she ran into her fencing pal recently and they had their little contest and when she squeezed Kelly dropped her friend right to her knees where she was yelling "Owww" and telling Kelly to stop.

It's amazing what we are getting better at without realizing it is happening and without making a specific effort to train it. Next time someone asks you what you are building when you are doing swings or pullups, tell them "My grip."
Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
G.I. Joe Kung Fu Grip.

My favorite action figure feature. When are we going to get CrossFit Allstar Action Figures?

That would be so awesome.