CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
Gary Castro

Profile:
I'd like to know if anyone knows of a good doctor in the northeast, specifically the Massachusetts area that they could recommend for my mother.

She suffers from multiple sclerosis and type II diabetes and has a severe latex allergy. She had been able to cope with these illnesses, however about 6 months ago she started to experience severe inflammation and swelling throughout her body, especially in her legs and arms. A significant amount of pain has accompanied the inflammation, which has drastically reduced your ability and will to live.

Her current doctors are dumbfounded as to the cause of the inflammation. They have administered two separate prednisone regimens and while the pain and inflammation did subside it was only a temporary fix - once off the medication the inflammation came right back and her blood sugar was nearly impossible to regulate.

She has started consuming high dose fish oil and has been following a zone diet. She has tried therapeutic fasting as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight or recommendations.

Gary

Old 10-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
If you follow homeopathic medicine, then not only does death begin in the guts, but also life. I am not a doctor so remember that.

I would research on the internet the connection of MS with "Leaky Gut Syndrome" and other intestinal issues.

She should probably be taking for gut health:
1) a good probiotic
2) digestive enzymes
and you have the fish oil

for inflammation try reading "The Inflammation Zone", I believe it ties into MS somehow

for intestinal health try this book http://www.bodyecologydiet.com/

Hope this helps somewhat...treat the gut and it's amazing how the body can start healing other issues it has.