CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Joseph Hart

Profile:
I have tennis elbow in my right elbow and tendonitis on the biceps tendon (long head) on my left shoulder. I have been going to PT for the shoulder and on line for the elbow.

Anyone have any suggestions for WODs? My problem is that I don't have a good idea what exercises I can do and not aggravate the defects more.

I searched the board, but not a whole lot came up about my particular question.

Thanks,

Joe

(Message edited by joe hart on May 24, 2006)
Old 05-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
Elliot Royce

Profile:
since no one has responded, I'll try. I had chronic tennis elbow for about 2 years but it's cleared up. Your PT should give you the right stretches and exercises to help clear it up.

I generally just worked through it (maybe that's why it was chronic). You should get a tennis elbow brace for sure. I found that anything that transmitted a shock to the arm was not good: slapshots, backhandds, etc. Also, you might make it worse by gripping things too tightly.

In terms of exercises, I'd avoid the pullups and dips because of the stress on the elbow and forearm. Also, do close-grip bench presses rather than normal grip. Avoid (where possible) anything that requires your forearm muscles to tense -- that pulls on the tendon and, I believe, slows the healing process.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
Unfortuanately Elliot is right with an inflammation injury, anything with itis at the end, rest is best and modalities to decrease the inflammation. you want to use those muscles, if you can with out increased pain, but if not rest and ice.