CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #1
Kurtis Bowler

Profile:
I promised Kevin a full report. I received my k-bells last week from Detroit Barbell. They look really cool. There is something about forged steel that I just like. I have not loaded them up yet, but the hole is plenty big, and there are enough threads that the plug will stay put.
I bought a 6 inch with the 1 inch handle and an 8 inch with the 1 1/2 inch handle. I think the 8 inch is a bit big for shorter people, i.e. I think it will hit the ground on some exercises. I think the 6 inch is the perfect size for all around use, and I would probably get it with the thicker handle.
I like them and would recommend them.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Kurt -

Thanks a ton! I'm definately getting one of these.

-Kevin
Old 08-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #3
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
I'm heading out to the Detroit Barbell HQ tomorrow. I get to play with all the cool equipment! WHOO! Now if only I didn't have all this stiffness from landing on my neck in a double front yesterday... >:\

-Kevin
Old 08-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #4
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Okay, I went out there and checked it out. SUPER cool place - weightlifting equpment everywhere, it was my dream home. I played around with a lot of different kettlebells they had, as well as other equipment, and it's honestly some of the coolest stuff I've ever gotten my grubby hands on. I had originally intended to order the 6 inch KB with a thick handle, but I ended up getting an 8 inch with a normal handle. It just felt better to me. My dad also wants to get a curved barbell sometime in the future, and there's more stuff there I plan to buy as well.

All in all, an awesome place with cool stuff. Matt and Jason are really nice guys, they let me goof around with all their stuff (including their balance boards in progress, which was a lot of fun).

I plan to post some photos of kettlebell usage soon, as well. Whoo. :proud:

-Kevin