CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Michael Lynch

Profile:
I deadlift a SBC into my truck bed

I'm rebuilding a SBC engine from a 62 Impala which I recently torn down to a bare block. No heads or no internal parts. During the disassembly, the engine was on a engine stand. After the tear down, I wanted to bring the block to the car wash for pressure cleaning. So I rolled the block out to the truck and un-hinged the block from the stand,. Not knowing how heavy the block was, it caught me by surprise and drop straight to the ground. I was able to control it while going down, but down it went. SugarHoneyIceTea.

At this point I'm thinking how the heck am I going to get this engine block into the truck bed. I can call the wife for help, yeah right. I can ask a neighbor for help, didn't feel like bothering him. Or I can deadlift the block into the truck bed, yep that's the ticket.

With the engine block standing on end behind the truck, I stood on the tailgate, squat, grab the engine stand hinge that was still connected to the block, back straight and chest up. Hips and legs went up at the same rate, then I finished the lift with my torso.

My discription might be melodramatic, but you car guys (and ladies) can probably understand and relate to my excitment. If I had to take a guess I would say the engine block weighs less then 200lbs. Which is not heavy by CrossFit standards, but that's my testimonial and I'm sticking to it.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Dave Traeger

Profile:
Re: I deadlift a SBC into my truck bed

Functional fitness right there.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Hector Santiago

Profile:

haha! nice story! love it! yup you have to be prepared for everything that life throws at you, the Unknown and Unknowable right there too!

SANTI
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Erin Hightower

Profile:

that's hot!

congrats
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Sean Philips

Profile:

Stories like this are why I got into crossfit. Sure I want to be healthier and look better, but practical things like dead lifting engines is what really matters! I have a 77 GMC Stepside I am working on, and I hope to have the strength to do the same as you before the engine swap.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Richard Colon

Profile:

I threw my toilet away a few months ago. I basically power cleaned it into the dumpster - I set up as I would with a bar, tight back, chest out and all that goodness. Triple extension and 2 seconds later, the toilet was gone.

no jokes.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Ben Norris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Colon View Post
I threw my toilet away a few months ago. I basically power cleaned it into the dumpster - I set up as I would with a bar, tight back, chest out and all that goodness. Triple extension and 2 seconds later, the toilet was gone.

no jokes.
Haha this belongs in the you know you Crossfit too much thread, when you start seeing toilets as the perfect object to practice some power cleans on