CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Luke Hitt

Profile:
Zigtech - Crossfit shoes???

Found this article online, which is comparing the Reebok Zigtech to Nike Frees and VFF's as great crossfit shoes...???

WFS

http://barefootrunningshoes.org/2010...running-convo/

Anybody actually tried these things??
Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Michael Loucas

Profile:
Re: Zigtech - Crossfit shoes???

Now is as good a time as any to try them, they're on sale 40% off. You can get them for $60.

http://www.6pm.com/reebok-zigenergy-...e-silver-white
http://www.6pm.com/reebok-zigpulse-i...ne-green-white
http://www.6pm.com/reebok-zigflow-steel-navy-silver
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Luke Hitt

Profile:

Anyone else notice that pictures and the demo videos for the crossfit open show people wearing these???

They look like they must have a huge heel, but if Crossfit signed this big deal with reebok I'm sure reebok will make CF friendly shoes.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Milton Brisson

Profile:

I actually like the look of the shoe myself. In fact I went to the shop to get me a pair - but when I tried them on, I found them bulky, and somewhat heavy as well....

ended up with a pair of Adidas Oscillates. Lighter in style points, but lighter in weight, too. I am not sure if you call it a minimalist shoe or not, but my first two WoDs in them have been great!

Safe link....
Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
Jeff Stanek

Profile:

Large, soft heel that's 3oz heavier than an F-lite 230 made by a large company with little minimalist/flat experience that still has to sell shoes to the masses?

I'll pass until they design something more specific. I think the New Balance Minimus is alot more on-target.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
Luke Hitt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stanek View Post
Large, soft heel that's 3oz heavier than an F-lite 230 made by a large company with little minimalist/flat experience that still has to sell shoes to the masses?
That's why this is so odd to me. I haven't tried them on, but they certainly seem to be everything that crossfit reccomends against in a shoe. Now that Reebok is giving them money, everybody in their videos is wearing them...
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hitt View Post
That's why this is so odd to me. I haven't tried them on, but they certainly seem to be everything that crossfit reccomends against in a shoe. Now that Reebok is giving them money, everybody in their videos is wearing them...
If you notice though they are wearing the "Nano" version of the Zig (Reebok Zig Fly is the actual name of the shoe) which is thinner and billed as a more performance geared outsole thanks to being thinner overall than the normal Zig outsole.

THIS IS NOT the "crossfit" shoe as some people are thinking they are going to make. I don't think we will see that particular model for at least another 8-10 months. As all the videos on main site/journal show, they are working with cf's top tier guys and girls to get feedback, but the development cycle from scratch takes over a year.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Josh Bailey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hitt View Post
I don't think I've ever heard Crossfit Inc. recommend any type of shoe besides O-lifting shoes. Only people on boards like this with opinions, which really don't represent Crossfit Inc. at all.
Even now, I haven't heard them say this new Reebok shoe is their recommendation. Sure, many of the Crossfit stars are wearing them in photos or videos, but that just comes with the territory of having sponsors. I can see them saying something like "sure I'll wear your shoe for the picture. Thanks for sponsoring Crossfit."
People who are on this message board I would guess are the types to do their homework on buying something new. Just look at all of the posts about 'What do you think about this... or that...'.
In my opinion, the shoe is fugly. I wouldn't wear them. I don't in any way represent Crossfit Inc. however.

Dr. J