CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Geoff Tudisco

Profile:
CF Games - where to compete?

Howdy. I just opened CrossFit Bogota, and plan on having several of my athletes, along with myself, compete for the South American slot for the Games. However, I have a question that is more of a technicality: my athletes are native Colombian or South American, I am not, so does one need to be from the region to compete for that region's spot(s)? Or is living there good enough?

I couldn't find the answer on the Games website, so I figured I'd ask here.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Tate Rivera

Profile:
Re: CF Games - where to compete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Tudisco View Post
Howdy. I just opened CrossFit Bogota, and plan on having several of my athletes, along with myself, compete for the South American slot for the Games. However, I have a question that is more of a technicality: my athletes are native Colombian or South American, I am not, so does one need to be from the region to compete for that region's spot(s)? Or is living there good enough?

I couldn't find the answer on the Games website, so I figured I'd ask here.
check out the games site at http://games2009.crossfit.com/map/index.html scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see South America. That will lead you to http://crossfitperu.com/ which is host to the SA qualifier. Both links are wfs. That should at least get you started and you can get in contact with the people from Peru if you have more questions.

Edit: After rereading your post, I didn't really answer you questions, but I think the idea is that you must qualify in the region in which you train. So the fact that you are not from there should not matter as long as your live/train there.

Last edited by Tate Rivera : 02-03-2009 at 07:59 PM.