CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Bryan Edge

Profile:
Article I wrote on the Wii Fit

In case anyone is interested, I wrote a short rant about the Wii Fit -- and also took the opportunity to pimp CrossFit at the end of the article.

You can read the article here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-892-PC-Game-ExaminerYOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

Last edited by Joshua Murphy : 01-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Mike Goldberg

Profile:
Re: Article I wrote on the Wii Fit

Bryan,

It's a good article. Sadly, I'm afraid your message will fall on deaf ears, when it comes to the people who really DO need to hear what you have to say.

Of course, most of US will agree with everything you said. However, people are going to jump on the Wii-fit trend the way they jump on every other fitness gizmo. "Look! It promises to get you ripped! It says so right here. It must be true!"

Now I'm sure in theory it might might do some people some good. After all, it's better than sitting on your butt playing video games all day. I'm a realist. Not everyone has the dedication/motivation/fortitude to try and stick with CrossFit. For the lazy masses who follow the path of least resistance, the bar has been set the bar so low, I'm just happy they're doing SOMETHING.

But realistically, what will end up happening, is people will play with it for a little while, decide it's too much work, get bored, and stop using it. It'll collect dust along with their thighmaster.

As for the elderly woman who commented on your article, I just wish she could meet some of the older people at my affiliate, especially the ones that came in with arthritic hips and such a limited range of motion that they couldn't even squat. To watch them smoke others on workouts now is truly inspiring.