CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #11
Chris Doughty

Profile:

Sounds like fun, Ryan. Let me know when.

Thanks Dave! I'll check it out.

Everyone: The 2004 Junior National Weightlifting Championships are in Schaumburg (Itasca?) this year. Feb 13th - 15th. Here's a link to the info:

http://www.usaweightlifting.org/04jrnatlentryform.html
Old 01-30-2004, 03:03 PM   #12
dave ojeda

Profile:
If and when we do play Hooverball, I'll bring the balls. I just got a 6 lb and 20lb Dynamax med ball. They are sweet!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:42 PM   #13
George Koupatadze

Profile:
Hello to all! This is my very first post. Let me introduce myself. I am 25. I came to the states from Moscow 10 years ago. I live in Arlington Heights (I registered as soon as I saw that some of you guys live in the area). I was always somewhat athletic (played some ice hockey as a kid, swam in high school here) However, I was never and still am not at the fitness level that some of you guys are. As a matter of fact I just recently discovered the Crossfit method. I was astonished. It made so much sense to me especially since I started training in the martial arts(Krav Maga, Boxing) for fitness and not for competition about a year ago. At the same time I started to really become interested in fitness, nutrition, wellness, sports, movement and such. My general fitness level improved since I started training but, like I said, I am really far from where I whant to be. I have yet to learn and master many of the gymnastics moves, Olympic lifts, Kettlebell techniques and other Crossfit modalities. But I am sure with a lot of hard work and some help and advice from other crossfitters I will be able to acomplish my goals. As of now,I abandoned the bodybuilding routine with which I supplemented my MA training and am trying to incorporate the crossfit type of training. What I do on the days off from my MA is try to combine gymnastics and calisthenics(push-ups (can't really do handstand yet), pull-ups, dips) with some fundamental lifts(whichever I saw on this site) and wind sprints. Sometimes, I am able to duplicate the WOD especially when it involves body weight excersises or modalities that I have access to. (I train at home or outside and all I have so far is an olympic bar with two 25 lb. plates and two 15 lb dumbells) I am planning on taking an Olympic and Power lifting class at Harper College to really learn the fundamental lifts and also am going to start going to a local gymnastics academy on sundays when they have open hours. Also, I just ordered a set of paralletes to train at home(and plan to get one thing at a time - other modalities - Kettlebells, Medicine balls, etc.) and subscribed to the Crossfit Journal today. Wish me luck! I am on my way to becoming a crossfitter. As far as our location, man I dream that someone opens a Crossfit gym in the Chicago area. It would make things so much easier. I would sign up right away. Well, I just whanted to share my story with you guys.

P.S. Also, I will get together for <a href="http://get-faster.com?go=games">games</a> and/or training any time.