CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Daniel Chevalier

Profile:
Thumbs up Thank You for Making me a better person CrossFit :)

Hello CrossFit

I am 19 years old and currently attending the University of Waterloo. I have been actively involved in CrossFit for 3 years now and I love it more and more each day. Up until 1 month and a half ago I never really had a gym to workout at though, because most of the gyms where I lived were way too expensive or expicitly asked me to not do crossfit workouts, because they "scared the other patrons". Since moving into Ron Eydt Village though (a residence at the University), I have had ready access to all of the equipment and food that I could ever ask for, all within walking distance!

In the past month and a half, being able to follow the CrossFit schedule religiously, and eat consistant and stead meals, has helped me gain 5 lbs of muscle and I've made huge improvements in my strength, endurance, power and my form in general.

A couple of days ago I found out about a photo competition that our residences were holding with the theme "The Right Fit", as in: "Why is Waterloo residence the right fit for you?" Immediately thought of the gains I have made in crossfit and how I am able to do something I am passionate about every day, because of Waterloo residence. So I submitted a picture of myself overhead squatting my friend infront of my residence to emphasize my passion for CrossFit, and how being in residence has already helped me so much on my path to becoming an elite athlete.

I thought doing this would be nice way of showing my gratitude to CrossFit and to the CrossFit community itself. To express my thanks to the CrossFit ideal for creating an awesome community dedicated to hard work, personal gain, and encouragement.

My intention in posting this story to the board was to just show that I am thankful to CrossFit and all of the ways it has benefited me over the years. I hope this didn't seem preachy or annoying, but I love to talk about and express my passion for CrossFit.

*I know it might be too much to ask you to actually join the group to LIKE/THUMBS UP the picture and maybe tell your friends about it, but I would really appreciate any help I can get with this competition. I have always wanted to have my own SLR camera so I can capture the beauty that I see in the world and people, but I've never had enough disposable income to justify buying one *

Thanks again CrossFit for helping me on the way to being the best i can be! I hope I never lose the ability to use my body to it's greatest potential! I hope still be doing CrossFit workouts 50 years from now when I'm 70

Daniel Chevalier

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
|OR|
www.tinyurl.com/DansCrossFitPhoto
Old 11-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
David Meverden

Profile:
Re: Thank You for Making me a better person CrossFit :)

Great to hear your story, Daniel! Glad you've been enjoying it so much. It's nice to hear when CF helps people improve themselves.