CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Jesse Perez

Profile:
Crossfit helped me shock people at the Chicago Marathon!

Fellow Crossfitters,
I just wanted to share with you my amazing story. I ran the Chicago Marathon last Sunday in place of my client who fractured his heel about 1 month before the marathon. He offered his bib # to me and at first I said no because I know hard you have to train for a mararathon and I never a ran a full marathon before. Well 4 days before the race I agreed to run. I ran the marathon in 3:42:30. I shocked many people especially "Runners" (people who just run, all the time.) Many of them would ask..."How did you beat me by over an hour? I simply said..."I don't just run!" I row, run, swim, jump rope, strenght train, swim, do hundreds of BURPEES, I CROSSFIT!
I believe that I'm a jack of all trades and at master at none! All thanks to Crossfit!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Colin McLafferty

Profile:
Re: Crossfit helped me shock people at the Chicago Marathon!

Nice, good job!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
David Meverden

Profile:

Wow! That is pretty awesome. It's very cool to surprise or even surpass people who spend much more time focusing on that one thing than you do. Speaks well to the efficacy of what we do.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Jared Ashley

Profile:

Congrats, that's a pretty solid pace for a marathon!

I ran a 1/2 last year at that pace with minimal training and was pretty excited about coming in the top 25% when I knew most of the folks were runners.

On the other hand I just ran the Mt Lemmon Marathon (climbs 6,000' steadily over the first 21 miles and then levels off) with a time of 5:58:58, which put me solidly in the bottom 20%. To be fair, the winner put up a time over three hours, and almost everybody there was not just a runner, but a serious runner. I went in never having run more than 15 miles and averaging probably 5-6 miles/week for my training. Also ran it with my sister, who does a lot more CF than me but does even less running and had never run over 10 miles... to be honest she was the stronger runner and would have beat me if we hadn't decided beforehand to finish it together.