CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
Todd Magers

Profile:  
There was an interesting report that came out yesterday about how the lifespan of Americans is in the process of actually decreasing sue to the current typical American's diet. Here's the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150663,00.html

The reason why I find it very interesting personally is that I just really started getting serious about my and my wife's personal nutrition within the past couple of weeks and due to the recommendations found here have been researching the Paleo/Zone type diet. I've noticed that as I've gotten older (I'm only 31 now) that my body has felt progressively worse after taking in a lot of starchy/high GI foods and that my body has started taking longer to recover from strenuous activity. I had done things like the Body-for-Life challenge a few years ago when I was in the military and that was a nice change, but it still focused on very low-fat dieting.

As I go through the archives here on this site and do my own research on the subject, one has to come to the conclusion that this nutritional style/exercise plan makes complete and total sense for peak performance and improved quality/duration of life. Thanks for all of the recommendations given and the examples set here.

As a bit of extra reading, I would recommend a book by Paul Zane Pilzer called The Next Trillion. It talks about the correlation between the food industry and the pharmaceutical industry (an industry I have worked in for a few years now) and how the two have basically unknowingly (or maybe knowingly) engineered the health problems we have today. A very enlightening read but one I am sure would not suprise anyone here.

Thanks again everyone and keep sharing the knowledge...

Todd