CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Frank Pipitone

Profile:
Most Durable CF Shoe?

So I am currently wearing the New Balance 20v3. Have had this shoe for a few months now and a hole is already starting to develop in the toe areas. I wear these as my everyday CF shoes and also wear them daily for other activities. This is my second pair of New Balance as I had the previous model and those lasted for a good year without ripping in the front. In between, I had a pair of Inov 8 and those were great at first but the support depreciated quickly and they also sure enough, developed a hole in front.

I think by the looks of them, the Nano 4 are the most durable but I could be wrong. Any suggestions or thoughts on a shoe that will not rip, tear or lose its shape?
Old 11-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Re: Most Durable CF Shoe?

I have had two pairs of Nanos, the 2.0 and 3.0. They have held up well. My 2.0's were fine I just wanted a replacement. I wore a pair of Nike Frees for about a year as well and also had the first iteration of NB MX20
Old 11-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
Frank Pipitone

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
I have had two pairs of Nanos, the 2.0 and 3.0. They have held up well. My 2.0's were fine I just wanted a replacement. I wore a pair of Nike Frees for about a year as well and also had the first iteration of NB MX20
I would purchase another pair of mx20v1s. I still think that is the best sneaker I ever owned. They lasted me the longest. I still wear them occasionally with a hole in the toe.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Ari Sherwood

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pipitone View Post
I would purchase another pair of mx20v1s. I still think that is the best sneaker I ever owned. They lasted me the longest. I still wear them occasionally with a hole in the toe.
2nd. I have two pair of the MX20v1's and still love them, though one is a bit shreded, and I have since switched to Inov-8 252's for most of my WODding. They've held up nicely, even with other occasional daily wear.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Snir Golan

Profile:

no complaints about my Nanos. all of mine have held up great even after a couple of years.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Jose Soriano

Profile:

One more for Nanos. Had mine for 2 years now, and they've become my main shoe (whenever it's not raining or snowing).
Old 11-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
Frank Pipitone

Profile:

I am considering just going with the 2.0's. I actually like the styling a lot more than the 4.0 and they seem like they might be more practical for everyday type wear.

Any opinions on the 2.0 vs. the 4.0? I still see a lot of people wearing their 2.0's so I guess that speaks to their durability.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #8
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pipitone View Post
I am considering just going with the 2.0's. I actually like the styling a lot more than the 4.0 and they seem like they might be more practical for everyday type wear.

Any opinions on the 2.0 vs. the 4.0? I still see a lot of people wearing their 2.0's so I guess that speaks to their durability.
i wear my 2.0s every day. i use the 4.0 when i work out though as i like them a bit more especially for running and jumping but the 2.0 are still a great choice.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #9
Frank Pipitone

Profile:

Well, was going to go for the 2.0's to save some money but there was a Groupon discount for Eastbay that had the 4.0's at $89.99. Add to that a 15% coupon code that I had for them and it was a no brainer. I think the groupon is good until the 24th and the coupon code can be googled. YOu can grab the 4.0's for under $80.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #10
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

I have 1.0 and 2.0 - both are aging very well. I found them so comfortable that I bought the 2.0 just for wearing around...I use the 1.0 in the gym.