CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
Jon McClure

Profile:  
The rerason I am asking is that I'm about to start crossfit with a friend who can only train M-F. Also, I have seen some WOD's over the last few weeks that I am itching to try ie. Linda, Fran, 5x5 db complex last friday etc. I don't ewant to butcher the crossfit program but I don't think I'll be able to follow it verbatum with my schedule.
I have noticed a lot of ME days being added which have only one lift. Is that all you do that day or do you add GPP such as tire flips or jump rope or something to round it out? I know its taxing but I like to do more than just one lift per day.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
George Brothers

Profile:
jon
i personally dont follow the crossfit hq schedule b/c it does not fit well with my own schedule. i think that you will find there are plenty of crossfit types who don't for one reason or another. i jump around from the main crossfit site, to brand x site, to the fitness conduit, to gym jones, to crossfit norcal and north carolina, plus i make up some wods on my own. i dont have some of the equipment that some of the hq site's wod's require plus there are some wods that are just a waste for me to attempt due to pre existing injury/limitation and plain inability to do the movement as prescribed.
regarding some of the me days, there is a method to this madness. basically a different stimulus from a metabolic/conditioning wod. brings into play the variation aspect of crossfit plus it is a way to see how you are doing when you compare to previous me days weeks or months ago.
i would suggest that you keep a log of what you do, revisit is after a couple of months and see what you are doing and how times and loads compare in the continuum.
i think crossfit is much more than just following the hq posted wod but a set of principles that are apparent after reading through the faq and other materials. it is a way of approaching fitness that is modifiable to just about any circumstances.
good luck
george