CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Allen Griffin

Profile:
The new shipment of MD v2 Kettlebells

Earlier this year, I bought a 16kg and I loved it. Still do. I just recently ordered a 2nd 16kg bell and it's a little different than the first bell. The most notable difference is the handle on the new bell is dramatically bigger. Also, the weight distribution is different so the bell feels lighter; probably because of the much larger handle.

I haven't talked to at MD about it yet, but I wanted to let people know in case someone was planning on ordering one. I really don't like a product changing without warning, and I there's no mention of it on the website when I ordered. Actually, the website says, "Handle diameters are still 1.5 inch". If they are now 1.5" then my older bell is definitely not 1.5". I'll post pictures when I get home.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Allen Griffin

Profile:
Re: The new shipment of MD v2 Kettlebells

Sorry about the double thread post. Can someone delete one of these?
Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Wil Li

Profile:  

Hey Allen. I bought my first kettlebell from MD. I think they did mention about the handle being bigger on the site. When did you buy it? I also I made the mistake of choosing my first kettlebell at 24 kg. I was pretty strong and can handle it very well but ti took a while until I can correctly do a clean without it banging on my wrist. I can also push press it and strict press it for a rep or two. Still can't do anything for conditioning besides the swings and cleans.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Allen Griffin

Profile:

So I measured the circumference of the handles. The new one is 5 1/4" and the new one is 4 1/2", approximately.

The on the right is the new one, the one on the left is the old one but hardly used and only a couple of months old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2118.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	4282  
Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Wil Li

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Griffin View Post
So I measured the circumference of the handles. The new one is 5 1/4" and the new one is 4 1/2", approximately.

The on the right is the new one, the one on the left is the old one but hardly used and only a couple of months old.
Mines looks more like the left one. When did the new on came out? The one I got which looked like the left one has a handle that causes calluses. The new one looks like it goes easy on the hands.