CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-09-2005, 02:48 AM   #1
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
I had first posted about it a while back, and am happy to see, the big discomfort subsided some time later...

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/27/13330.html

However, it still hasn't healed to 100%. I notice during pullups that I won't kip too violently or let myself stretch the shoulder girdle completely...

2 days ago I did my first bar muscleup (of which I was even more elated than my ring MUs approximately 9-10 months ago). I looked at it afterwards on video and saw that I propelled myself upward in a slanted stance, leaning to the right (my left shoulder is the one with the trouble).

I analyzed the video a bit more and saw that during the whole movement, my left arm won't go beyond a 90 degree angle as I close it to pull upwards. IN essence, my right forearm will touch my bicep while being stuck to my ribcage, while the left arm is almost parallel to the ground, in amuch more open angle and is acting like a hinge to do the transition. (Right pulls , left follows and helps get me above the bar).

The movement isn't as dramatic as I described, but it is noteworthy nonetheless. Now, I posted this because I think it may help pin down more exactly the type of shoulder difficulty I am having. I'll poste the video tommorow since it's on my cell phone and I need my laptop to do the IR transfer.

In any case, I hope this is just a case of some really hard massage...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #2
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
Here are the videos showing the movement I had to avoid in my left shoulder in order to do the MU. It's more evident in the second one...Now, if we can deduce from that inability, what is likely to be wrong with my shoulder, that's a good start...

(Message edited by ApolloFS on October 13, 2005)
Attached Files
File Type: email Clip(15).3gp (123.4 KB, 239 views)