CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Ryan Whipple

Profile:
I came across a post in the blog today recommending that every 4th week be done at half intensity, and every 12th week or so be totally off. What do you all think about this?

I've been doing the WODs as RXd or as close as possible for three months now. In the course of doing so I gained 5 pounds for a record heavy 127, and notice a lot of strength/stamina gains. Recently I've been feeling kind of fatigued all day long, but I attributed this to back-to-school/really hard WODs recently. Maybe I'm due to give myself a break?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Luke Rossmo

Profile:
In my experience you must listen to what your body is telling you. If you think its time for a break its likely time for a break. The hardest thing about crossfit is taking a break but its well worth it. Rest up and get back at it!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Guest2

Profile:

What Luke said - listen to your body. 4 weeks is an arbitrary number. Everyone will be able to tolerate varying amounts of work for varying amounts of time. If you feel good, train hard. If you're fried, back off and come back hard as soon as you can.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:
A break can actually help you set new PR's. My dragon flags improved noticeably after a week completely off.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
Jodi Bainbridge

Profile:
It's very important to give your body rest by scheduling partial deloads and full deloads into your workout regime. Proper rest keeps your body working optimally and helps you progress even further!!