CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
Re: 2 Training Sessions a Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lichtenwalner View Post
Professional athletes have strength and condition coaches, nutritionists, usually a boat load of supplements from a sponsor, and no real job to go to everyday so they can sleep and rest on downtime. A normal person has to wake up early, workout, go to a to a strenuous job, come home make dinner for themselves and possibly other family members, fufill family obligations and those of the household, workout again, go to sleep and do it all again. I know for me I do hard work at my job and have two kids to care for. two a days more than 2-3x per week would obliterate me and probably send my gains in reverse.
Everyone's life is structured differently.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
Everyone's life is structured differently.
Exactly and not everyone can train multiple times a day without hurting their progress. My point was aimed at the "athletes do it why can't I" comment not to put down the theory of training two a days. I wish I had the time and a not so physical job that allowed me to do it.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
Ty Meade

Profile:

Make sure you plan in recovery accordingly, listen to your body, and put a stronger focus on your nutritional intakes.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

I would add into this conversation the goal of two a days isn't to send volume through the roof. Yes you will have more volume but more importantly the quality of the second workout should be higher after several hours of rest and refueling.

Smart and high quality will beat pure volume every time.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Corry Weller

Profile:

I've started doing 2-a-days recently, but I do the WOD in the mornings, and then go back in the afternoon for a longer, less intense cardio-centered workout. I also only go twice a day on Mon, Wed and Friday. If I went twice every day I'm pretty sure I would burn out. I'd rather do a longer cardio based WOD in the morning and strength in the afternoon, but I'm working around family members who do their WOD in the am. On Tue, Thurs and Sat I only work out once.

So far I really like it, and I can change the intensity of my second workout depending on what my body is telling me I need. And if it just needs a break, I'll listen as well. Listening to your body is pretty key......