CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Terry Kim

Profile:
5.56 Athlete - Physical Fitness Resource for Military and Tactical Athletes

Hey all,

I haven't posted much here, but I have lurked quite a bit for the past few years.

My buddies and I have started a resource/community geared specifically toward Military and First Responders -- Military/Tactical Athletes.

We are a non-profit group, and are dedicated to gathering and sharing information with people within our profession and field to accomplish one thing, and one thing only. Give them the tools to get in the best physical conditioning possible.

We DO NOT prescribe workouts or sell anything!

SFW: http://www.556athlete.com

Browse around, check out our growing "Resources" section, and come join our board and introduce yourselves!

Any and all feedback GREATLY appreciated!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: 5.56 Athlete - Physical Fitness Resource for Military and Tactical Athletes

the site looks nice, but i am not sure what the purpose of it is? it simply links and prescribes a bunch of other workout sites? which all have their own forums where people can get together and talk? i do like the the site and i like the ease of use. but what exactly is the purpose / goal / vision of this site which will make it different from the other sites which it links to for it's fitness programs?
Old 11-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Terry Kim

Profile:
Re: 5.56 Athlete - Physical Fitness Resource for Military and Tactical Athletes

The point is, you ask for advice on how to apply their program to preparing for Ranger School, a CFFBer, they'll tell you squat, bench, and deadlift and do some work capacity. You ask a CFEer, they'll tell you to throw a weight vest on and run. You ask a SEALfit board, and you won't get a response. You ask any of them how to pack a ruck, or even ruck at all and chances are, they won't know where to start.

I don't know your background or where you come from, but you'd be surprised how many military guys don't even know any of these programs exist. I was always under the impression most military guys knew that this kind of programming exists -- turns out they either don't, or have no idea where to start so they avoid it. Our goal is to change that, and compile everything into one resource, and provide a place where one can learn to apply it to their military careers. You'd be even more surprised how many dismiss crossfit simply because all they've known is run 5 miles everyday and do pushups -- because that's all the military PT taught them and that's all they'll listen to.

Hope that clarified our goals!

Oh, and we don't plan on posting daily wods.