CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Carl Amolat

Profile:
Spartan Warrior Workout Book

As someone who is mindful of physical fitness due to my line of work I'm always keen on learning anything and everything regarding physical fitness. A cousin of mine who is a high school football player recently happened upon the book Spartan Warrior Workout: Get Action Movie Ripped in 30 Days by Dave Randolph (w/f/s).

I skimmed through it and it seemed OK for developing functional strength but because of the title I was initially uneasy, considering it had 'Action Move Ripped' in the title which to me gave the impression of a program too heavily focused on aesthetics and not enough on function. From what I read of it I was glad I was proven wrong and had an open enough mind to read it though. It seems like a legitimate month-long functional fitness program.

The Gym Jones treatment of the workout was equally impressive and I shouldn't have been such a doubting Thomas about it.

I was wondering if anyone had read this book and what their opinions on it were?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Frank E Morel

Profile:
Re: Spartan Warrior Workout Book

I have it on kindle and its nothing special. Your better off getting the essentials of strength training and conditioning text book for the nsca .. alot of good information there on the basics... couple that with starting strength its good.

This is a great book and it has a bit of everything
wfs http://www.amazon.com/Conditioning-H.../dp/0926888145

And Mark Twight was a crossfit devotee til his parting.