CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Bec's WOD Log

I need to get better about keeping track of what I do (albeit so humble), so I thought I'd start a log.

Oct 7:
Split Any Way
Run 1 mi.
100 Pullups (Jumping)
200 KB Swings (20lb)
Time: 31:27

Oct 12:
10! RFT
Thrusters (35lb)
KB Swings (25lb)
Box Jumps (14in)
Time: 14:??

Last edited by Rebecca Roth : 10-19-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: Bec's WOD Log

Oct 19:
5 RFT
75ft Walking Lunges (15lbsx4, 10lbsx1)
15 Burpees
Time: 20:27

Oct 20:
Core Yoga

Oct 21:
AMRAP 20 Min
Run 200m + 30 sec rest
Rounds: Somewhere between 10-14... I fail at counting when trying not to puke.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Oct 25:
4RFT
7 strict or push press (Bar Only 45lb)
15 Box Jumps (14")
Time: 6:12

Nearing my 2 monthiversary and this will be my first week endeavoring to hit 4 group classes.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Oct 26:
"Karen"
150 Wall Balls FT (8lb)
TIME: 13:55
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Oct 28:
"Helen"
3RFT
400m Run
21 KB Swings (30lb)
12 Pullups (Jumping)
TIME: 14:49
Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
Dawn Ekinia

Profile:

Im new to WOD and CF and i hope you dont mind if i look at your log and ask a couple of questions. Like what is RFT? mean. I saw you did 100 pullups..jumping..ouch..!! lol. Heck i cant do one yet..unless its assisted..and then im struggling. Im right there with you on counting..so far ive done two WOD so far..and im still in pain from mondays workout. But im enjoying it..keep up the great work..and maybe ill shoplift a workout of yours from time to time..lol..if thats ok?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Ekinia View Post
Im new to WOD and CF and i hope you dont mind if i look at your log and ask a couple of questions. Like what is RFT? mean. I saw you did 100 pullups..jumping..ouch..!! lol. Heck i cant do one yet..unless its assisted..and then im struggling. Im right there with you on counting..so far ive done two WOD so far..and im still in pain from mondays workout. But im enjoying it..keep up the great work..and maybe ill shoplift a workout of yours from time to time..lol..if thats ok?
No problem, feel free to borrow as needed all the wods are either from my affiliate or the ones I've listed with women's names are crossfit benchmarks that are used universally. My affiliate does benchmarks about twice a year each, and I just happen to have hit a batch of them in my early days... lucky me!
As far as your questions, I'm in no way as a point to be envied - I'm weak slow, and a complete newbie! Completing these things is more mental than physical, you may look at the huge number of reps and it just looks overwhelming, but it can be scaled to anyone's level whether that means using a different weight or method, or if you must lower the reps/distance.

RFT means Rounds/Reps for Time. Basically you are going to have two types of workouts, both will be max effort/speed, but they will either be AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) within a set time period, or you can have a set number of rounds you try to complete as fast as possible (RFT).

Jumping pullups are probably not what you are thinking of, It isn't jumping up to grab the bar then pulling up. They are a progression TO band assisted pullups. Basically you go to a dead hang with your knees bent and your toes touching the floor/box, swing forward slightly using your core, then back and push off slightly with with your toes to get yourself over the bar then resist slightlyon the way down. For the high rep pullup WODs alot of people will do as many as they can on the band then switch to jumping, but the deceptively difficult bit about this is that you are doing part of a workout that is meant to be upper body and give your lower body a rest, but because you're still using your legs a bit it doesn't get to rest.

Also, I'm posting the weight/method I used in each of these wods, if you like I can also post the RX (perscribed/standard). For instance today's used a 30lb KB but RX was 35lb for women.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Oct 29:
Forced rest day.

VERY bummed out, today was supposed to be my 4th day at CF this week, but yesterday evening my left wrist started hurting too bad to do much of anything with it. I went to bed mentally arguing with myself over whether or not to go to class in the morning (this after a same day conversation with a trainer about not being overzealous and trying to push through injury), hoping it would feel better after sleep, I just planned on getting up for class and seeing how it felt. Got up at 5, not any better at all, checked out the WOD (which was Isabel, grrr! so mad i missed out on it) and realized there was no way I could sub to make it work... so I gave in and went back to bed.
When I got up for work it was still hurting, but now only 2 hours later its barely sore at all, go figure. Either way, I may not have hit my goal of 4 days, but it has been a solid week, with TWO benchmark workouts completed, and I have Fran to look forward to on Monday.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Nov 1:
"Fran"
21-15-9
Thrusters (43lbs / 65rx)
Pullups (Jumping)
Time: 9:5?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Nov 2:
2RFT - all movements done with a medball
50 wall balls (8lb)
40 OH Walking Lunges (8lb)
30 ball slams (10lb)
20 medball situps (8lb)
10 pushups (done on the rack instead of with the ball)
TIME: 26:50