CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #41
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: The 10th Level of Hell, Fitness Facility Edition

"What if someone wants to go 4 days a week to play 5 games of pick up basketball so you can clean the boards like Dennis Rodman, then likes to relax in the nice bathrooms and sauna before they go to work? Or those hard core raquetball/handball players (the serious ones, with the 40 pairs of gloves hanging from their bags)."

Beucase to be as good as the two guys you mentioned, you would have choosen the facility with the best courts and the best competition. The quality of the bathroom does little for your game, especially when compared to the quality of opponent.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #42
Michael Henry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
"To the extent of your knowledge of your own training method.What if someone wants to go 4 days a week to play 5 games of pick up basketball so you can clean the boards like Dennis Rodman, then likes to relax in the nice bathrooms and sauna before they go to work? Or those hard core raquetball/handball players (the serious ones, with the 40 pairs of gloves hanging from their bags)."

Beucase to be as good as the two guys you mentioned, you would have choosen the facility with the best courts and the best competition. The quality of the bathroom does little for your game, especially when compared to the quality of opponent.
You forgot the first sentence to my paragraph, which echos my point on their own idea of hard work. Using Rodman in my example was just to make it make it colorful and glee. Plus, anyone who's played pick up basketball has played with the guy who thinks he is way better than he ever will be. If you haven't then its you

All I'm saying is that people who work hard, as far as they know, can be won over by gym amenities. That doesn't mean that they aren't there to work. Could they have the same workout at some outdoor bball court and only pay he price of a basketball, sure, but they have other things that lead them to their decisions on location.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #43
Brett Dartt

Profile:

i have a friend who goes to allstar fitness for 50 bucks a month and they are crossfit friendly. he will not even consider an affiliate because after every WOD he likes to soak in the hot tub then pool then hot tube then sauna. lol he literally spends 2-3 hours at the gym every night he goes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #44
Michael Henry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
Hmm...0.8 miles? What a random number. 1.28km. I can't think of any common workouts that could be done accurately on that track.
Regardless that is a HUGE track. This place must be massive.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #45
Jason Ashman

Profile:

I saw no track when I was there, and the facility is large, but not nearly big enough to contain a track of that size.

However, they were still doing some work outside, so I'm inclined to believe that the track is OUTDOOR, not indoor.

Quickedit: The track is listed as an outdoor one on their website, the "Discover" page.

Last edited by Jason Ashman : 09-25-2009 at 07:53 AM.