CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
David Timm

Profile:
pregnant wife

My wife is pregnant, not that far along though only a month. Is it ok for her to go to a level one certification in a few months?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
Chris Walls

Profile:
Re: pregnant wife

Sure why not. You don't have to work out at the level 1. Not that there is anything preventing her from working out through her whole pregnancy, just scale things back and remember it's a time for maintaining fitness while growing a healthy baby, not setting new PRs and crushing herself.

My wife trained with us at my affiliate until she was put on bed rest a couple months before delivery. (for things outside our control, not due to doing CrossFit)
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Shane Skowron

Profile:

From the FAQ:

8.28. I am pregnant. Can I still attend?
Level 1:
This is up to you and your doctor, but there is no requirement to participate in high-intensity exercise at the certification. The demos and workouts can add up physically over the weekend and it is our expectation that you will use your best judgment when participating. There is a lot to experience and learn from watching as well.
Level 2:
During the Level 2 certification, there is no requirement to participate in high intensity exercise. However, you will be required to actively participate in the coaching of others for the full two days. Keep in mind, the whole course is a performance test and it is a very rigorous course. It is up to you and your doctor to decide when is the best time for you to attend.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Danielle Marcellino

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Timm View Post
My wife is pregnant, not that far along though only a month. Is it ok for her to go to a level one certification in a few months?
have you or your wife seen crossfit moms?? http://crossfitmom.com/ check them out, they have it down to a science i love that she is still going to exercise, my friends were told they couldnt exercise in their condition! it makes me crazy!

good luck and be sure to post pics of ur crossfittin bambino!!

~danielle~
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
David Timm

Profile:

Thanks for the replies!!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Tim Taylor

Profile:

David,
My wife and I just recently found out that she is pregnant also! I was wondering what her/your plan of attack is for training/nutrition/etc.? I've been eating zone/paleo for the last year and she has dabbled, but I've had a hard time getting her to commit completely. She's really interested now that she's going to be "eating for two". She wants to put the best food possible into her body to help the baby grow. Her biggest challenge is going to be planning meals. Has your wife been working out the kinks w/ what her nutritional goals will be during her pregnancy?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
David,
My wife and I just recently found out that she is pregnant also! I was wondering what her/your plan of attack is for training/nutrition/etc.? I've been eating zone/paleo for the last year and she has dabbled, but I've had a hard time getting her to commit completely. She's really interested now that she's going to be "eating for two". She wants to put the best food possible into her body to help the baby grow. Her biggest challenge is going to be planning meals. Has your wife been working out the kinks w/ what her nutritional goals will be during her pregnancy?
Paleo all the way. (plus whatever weirdo craving appear)
Old 09-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
Chris Walls

Profile:

I also wouldn't stress about how much or even what she's eating. Keep it as clean as you can but "a healthy baby is worth the weight". Plenty of time to get back on track later...
Old 09-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
David,
If it were me, I'd stay on top of my fish oil supps and a good iron/mineral supp and just eat clean - zone/paleo