CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #241
Pete Mielo

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
Hello, my name is Amber and I am a chocolate addict.

Why did the bag of reese's peanut butter cups and starbucks dark chocolate all have to arrive in the same week?

It's times like these that I have to remind myself of all the sugary stuff I HAVE stopped eating.

For all who are new to No grains/No sugars (or at least reduced grains and sugars), welcome and congrats on the breakthroughs you have made.

My mother and I were discussing various health things the other night, and I AGAIN suggested she give up grains. She said it was unneccessary. My reply, probably my best to date, was that since my father's side of the family is obviously a paradox when it comes to nutrition that my own issues with grains/milk must come from her side of the family. Therefore, if giving them up has improved my health, perhaps it could do the same for her. Score 1 for daughter.

Peace.
But if we eat all the chocolate, then it's all gone and won't be around to tempt us, right?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #242
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
Hello, my name is Amber and I am a chocolate addict.

Why did the bag of reese's peanut butter cups and starbucks dark chocolate all have to arrive in the same week?

It's times like these that I have to remind myself of all the sugary stuff I HAVE stopped eating.

For all who are new to No grains/No sugars (or at least reduced grains and sugars), welcome and congrats on the breakthroughs you have made.

My mother and I were discussing various health things the other night, and I AGAIN suggested she give up grains. She said it was unneccessary. My reply, probably my best to date, was that since my father's side of the family is obviously a paradox when it comes to nutrition that my own issues with grains/milk must come from her side of the family. Therefore, if giving them up has improved my health, perhaps it could do the same for her. Score 1 for daughter.

Peace.
There is nothing in the world wrong with chocolate
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #243
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mielo View Post
But if we eat all the chocolate, then it's all gone and won't be around to tempt us, right?
That's pretty much the way we think around here. Once all the good stuff is gone, I can EASILY pass up the rest of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
There is nothing in the world wrong with chocolate
No, but if co-workers are questioning what happened to the (insert entire bag of delicious chocolate here) less than 24 hours later......
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #244
Gordon Richmond

Profile:

I am a carb addict...not too picky, I like anything pretty much anything unhealthy.

I've been doing pretty good lately eating paleo (other than beer), but I think I'm going to integrate plain yogurt and some cheese into the diet because I find it a little better to avoid the bad stuff if I have that.

There can be no rules for Superbowl Sunday, though. Anything else is un-American.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #245
Aaron Davis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Richmond View Post

There can be no rules for Superbowl Sunday, though.
I concur!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #246
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

I slipped up and had a vanilla latte from Starbucks today. Ok, so I know that there are worse things that I could have had (that's two things for me...sugar and dairy), but I'm still annoyed with myself.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #247
Julie Manuel

Profile:

Today is day 26! Doing well, but I'm still having sugar cravings. I'm going to keep going until I don't crave it anymore.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #248
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

So, our coffee maker broke today. Which by the time I figured this out, I was seriously feigning for caffeine. So, I decided to pop into the coffee shop while out buying a new coffee maker as well.

I REALLY wanted the same as what my co-worker asked for (triple white chocolate mocha with 4 shots of espresso), but was in line just long enough to weigh this in my head as far as how I would feel afterwards and how it would affect my lifting later on this evening.

I got a "Mother of All Coffees" instead. 4 shots of espresso plus about 16 ounces of coffee mixed in. Good stuff. No sugar. Yay for me.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #249
Kerry Guere

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
I slipped up and had a vanilla latte from Starbucks today. Ok, so I know that there are worse things that I could have had (that's two things for me...sugar and dairy), but I'm still annoyed with myself.
You know they do have sugar free stuff at Starbucks. As a matter of fact, I had a sugar free vanilla latte from there yesterday. It was pretty good!! I dont see a problem with the dairy.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #250
Laura Kurth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Guere View Post
You know they do have sugar free stuff at Starbucks. As a matter of fact, I had a sugar free vanilla latte from there yesterday. It was pretty good!! I dont see a problem with the dairy.
what about the artificial sweeteners?

Plus I think a regular latte is plenty sweet just from the milk.

Alyson - don't beat yourself up, you are so good on your diet. Plus it could have been a lot worse... they have higher sugar drinks. and you could have ordered a scone with it