CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #241
Pete Mielo
Member Pete Mielo is offline
 
Pete Mielo's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scranton  PA
Posts: 36
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
Hello, my name is Amber and I am a chocolate addict.

Why did the bag of reese's peanut butter cups and starbucks dark chocolate all have to arrive in the same week?

It's times like these that I have to remind myself of all the sugary stuff I HAVE stopped eating.

For all who are new to No grains/No sugars (or at least reduced grains and sugars), welcome and congrats on the breakthroughs you have made.

My mother and I were discussing various health things the other night, and I AGAIN suggested she give up grains. She said it was unneccessary. My reply, probably my best to date, was that since my father's side of the family is obviously a paradox when it comes to nutrition that my own issues with grains/milk must come from her side of the family. Therefore, if giving them up has improved my health, perhaps it could do the same for her. Score 1 for daughter.

Peace.
But if we eat all the chocolate, then it's all gone and won't be around to tempt us, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #242
Samantha Aurelio
Member Samantha Aurelio is offline
 
Samantha Aurelio's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlantic Highlands  NJ
Posts: 1,832
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
Hello, my name is Amber and I am a chocolate addict.

Why did the bag of reese's peanut butter cups and starbucks dark chocolate all have to arrive in the same week?

It's times like these that I have to remind myself of all the sugary stuff I HAVE stopped eating.

For all who are new to No grains/No sugars (or at least reduced grains and sugars), welcome and congrats on the breakthroughs you have made.

My mother and I were discussing various health things the other night, and I AGAIN suggested she give up grains. She said it was unneccessary. My reply, probably my best to date, was that since my father's side of the family is obviously a paradox when it comes to nutrition that my own issues with grains/milk must come from her side of the family. Therefore, if giving them up has improved my health, perhaps it could do the same for her. Score 1 for daughter.

Peace.
There is nothing in the world wrong with chocolate
__________________
"Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere" - CFCC Mantra (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #243
Amber Mathwig
Member Amber Mathwig is offline
 
Amber Mathwig's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chesapeake  VA
Posts: 1,148
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mielo View Post
But if we eat all the chocolate, then it's all gone and won't be around to tempt us, right?
That's pretty much the way we think around here. Once all the good stuff is gone, I can EASILY pass up the rest of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
There is nothing in the world wrong with chocolate
No, but if co-workers are questioning what happened to the (insert entire bag of delicious chocolate here) less than 24 hours later......
__________________
I'm on a boat.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #244
Gordon Richmond
Member Gordon Richmond is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Seattle  Washington
Posts: 52
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

I am a carb addict...not too picky, I like anything pretty much anything unhealthy.

I've been doing pretty good lately eating paleo (other than beer), but I think I'm going to integrate plain yogurt and some cheese into the diet because I find it a little better to avoid the bad stuff if I have that.

There can be no rules for Superbowl Sunday, though. Anything else is un-American.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #245
Aaron Davis
Member Aaron Davis is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Selma  CA
Posts: 189
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Richmond View Post

There can be no rules for Superbowl Sunday, though.
I concur!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #246
Alyson Terranova
Member Alyson Terranova is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cherry Hill  NJ
Posts: 553
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

I slipped up and had a vanilla latte from Starbucks today. Ok, so I know that there are worse things that I could have had (that's two things for me...sugar and dairy), but I'm still annoyed with myself.
__________________
My Log
CrossFit Tribe
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #247
Julie Manuel
Member Julie Manuel is offline
 
Julie Manuel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Satellite Beach/Tampa  FL
Posts: 55
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Today is day 26! Doing well, but I'm still having sugar cravings. I'm going to keep going until I don't crave it anymore.
__________________
My workout loghttp://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40468
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #248
Amber Mathwig
Member Amber Mathwig is offline
 
Amber Mathwig's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chesapeake  VA
Posts: 1,148
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

So, our coffee maker broke today. Which by the time I figured this out, I was seriously feigning for caffeine. So, I decided to pop into the coffee shop while out buying a new coffee maker as well.

I REALLY wanted the same as what my co-worker asked for (triple white chocolate mocha with 4 shots of espresso), but was in line just long enough to weigh this in my head as far as how I would feel afterwards and how it would affect my lifting later on this evening.

I got a "Mother of All Coffees" instead. 4 shots of espresso plus about 16 ounces of coffee mixed in. Good stuff. No sugar. Yay for me.
__________________
I'm on a boat.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #249
Kerry Guere
Member Kerry Guere is offline
 
Kerry Guere's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California City  CA
Posts: 154
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
I slipped up and had a vanilla latte from Starbucks today. Ok, so I know that there are worse things that I could have had (that's two things for me...sugar and dairy), but I'm still annoyed with myself.
You know they do have sugar free stuff at Starbucks. As a matter of fact, I had a sugar free vanilla latte from there yesterday. It was pretty good!! I dont see a problem with the dairy.
__________________
My Workout Log
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #250
Laura Kurth
Member Laura Kurth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 2,476
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Guere View Post
You know they do have sugar free stuff at Starbucks. As a matter of fact, I had a sugar free vanilla latte from there yesterday. It was pretty good!! I dont see a problem with the dairy.
what about the artificial sweeteners?

Plus I think a regular latte is plenty sweet just from the milk.

Alyson - don't beat yourself up, you are so good on your diet. Plus it could have been a lot worse... they have higher sugar drinks. and you could have ordered a scone with it
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Some Help - No Grains Matthew Eucalitto Nutrition 10 09-05-2008 07:14 AM
Baby steps - cutting out some sugars Christine Crawford Nutrition 9 11-07-2007 01:20 PM
Sugars Joe Gasparre Nutrition 5 06-09-2007 11:12 AM
How different sugars are absorbed Jibreel Freeland Nutrition 0 10-25-2006 03:38 PM
Grains For Life John Walsh Nutrition 25 02-08-2005 05:25 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.