CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Michael R. Miller

Profile:
Re: Am i getting weaker or just unlucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan R Johnson View Post
Sorry Chris.. I have limited knowledge of west side. Strike my comment from the record. LOL

But I would think if you're on a powerlifting template, you should be eating like a powerlifter.. No?

I think a lot of crossfitters limit their diet too much because they want to look like the ripped guys at the games, but they're on these strength templates that require calories.

Look at rob Orlando.. He may be ripped now, but google an older video of him cleaning axles. He definitely didn't limit his diet when he built his strength foundation. Just sayin
Actually there is a CrossFit HQ video of him at viking fest and he is around 190 doing axle cleans. According to Rob his overhead strength and 1RM backsquat was went down when he firsted started CrossFit everything else got better.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
Thomas Baker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan R Johnson View Post
Sorry Chris.. I have limited knowledge of west side. Strike my comment from the record. LOL

But I would think if you're on a powerlifting template, you should be eating like a powerlifter.. No?

I think a lot of crossfitters limit their diet too much because they want to look like the ripped guys at the games, but they're on these strength templates that require calories.

Look at rob Orlando.. He may be ripped now, but google an older video of him cleaning axles. He definitely didn't limit his diet when he built his strength foundation. Just sayin
Good call on the "limit diet too much"...etc. I agree 100%.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Ryan R Johnson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R. Miller View Post
Actually there is a CrossFit HQ video of him at viking fest and he is around 190 doing axle cleans. According to Rob his overhead strength and 1RM backsquat was went down when he firsted started CrossFit everything else got better.
No doubt. But I still think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has gained an appreciable amount of size or strength eating a diet that limits calories, or carbs.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Dijulio View Post
I don't have any online log but i can give my typical weekly routine. Chris, you are right I am not doing westside right, I followed it to the best of my ability but i was getting super frustrated with my squat and decided to squat more, it went up to 380 but now i can't get it again. Any advice is appreciated.

Wednesday:
Max Lower Body
Assistance exercises

Thursday:
Lower Body Dynamic/Repetition
Assistance (I usually hit weighted dips pretty hard)
Snatch Practice

Friday:
Squat (Front or back, I usually go fairly heavy, like doubles, and sometimes i do more volume like 4x4, 3x5 etc)
Assistance exercise
Clean and Jerk Practice

Sunday:
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Squat (Back or Front)

Monday:
Max Effort Upper Body
Assistance exercises

Most of the O-lifting i do depending on how I feel. Sometimes I go heavy and sometimes I stay really light just to work on technique.
Hmmmm...

Ok, first, there needs to be at least 72 hours between ME and DE workouts by focus. You are doing max lower one day and then speed lower the next... You then squat the next day and then squat 2 days later...

What the hell are you doing??? Holy moly!

Shoot me an email at chris@atlargenutrition.com. I have an article I have not published that explains Westside in an overview fashion and has a sample template. You need to read it.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
Ross Dijulio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Hmmmm...

Ok, first, there needs to be at least 72 hours between ME and DE workouts by focus. You are doing max lower one day and then speed lower the next... You then squat the next day and then squat 2 days later...

What the hell are you doing??? Holy moly!

Shoot me an email at chris@atlargenutrition.com. I have an article I have not published that explains Westside in an overview fashion and has a sample template. You need to read it.
For Thursday i had written lower body dynamic/repetition, i meant upper body. I wrote lower on accident. I'll shoot you an email.