CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Wil Li

Profile:  
Post New to Crossfit and Wrestling.

Hi I am new to crossfit communtiy and the style of training. But I am no stranger to hard intense conditioning? Anyone know Ross Enamiat? Anyway I want to buy some bumper weight sets and a bar to do some olympic lifting at my garage. I also have a contact at a gym membership but I am planning to cancle as soon as it hit the deadline. Anyway I was like many people on a bodybuiling diet and training. But what that all did was got me fat and soft. And eating very 2-3 hours wasn't ideal while going through classes at school. So now I am getting back at wrestling again. I am trying to get ready for next season. Getting my conditioning up and enhancing my skills. I have done some searching and a lot of people say to search on craigslist. Well so I did but no bumpers. I don't know where else to look for locally. Garage sales are kind hard to spot and the ones I do see are usually selling old clothes or old tools and what not. I am open to any ideas you guys will have.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Troy Becker

Profile:
Re: New to Crossfit and Wrestling.

Your question is a bit ambiguous...

As for diet, eating every 3-4, even 5 hours is still usually fine. Protein shakes in a crunch, maybe, or just have an apple or two in your back pack, some cooked chicken you don't mind eating cold in a tupperwear, and some mixed nuts in another tupperwear or bag. Works for me.

As for bumpers, search here and the internet, "hi-temp" seem to be a lot of people's favorites, I like mine. I think they come through the garagegymstore, I forget, just poke around a bit and you'll find them.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
Wil Li

Profile:  
Re: New to Crossfit and Wrestling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Becker View Post
Your question is a bit ambiguous...

As for diet, eating every 3-4, even 5 hours is still usually fine. Protein shakes in a crunch, maybe, or just have an apple or two in your back pack, some cooked chicken you don't mind eating cold in a tupperwear, and some mixed nuts in another tupperwear or bag. Works for me.

As for bumpers, search here and the internet, "hi-temp" seem to be a lot of people's favorites, I like mine. I think they come through the garagegymstore, I forget, just poke around a bit and you'll find them.
Sorry I know I was jumping around a lot in my post. Right now I am focusing on looking for deals on bumpers and a bar if not bumpers then just weights for now. I still have a gym membership under contract but it is really hard to do any realy oly lifting there and especially with the weird looks I will have. Most if not all have the bodybuilding mindset there. I before was also bodybuilding and also thought of competing. But with all the unsuccessful trials of getting big I don't see much differences in gains. So I just thought of going back to doing sports, wrestling. Was doing very well at it but was not ready to be in the season so ditched that for bodybuilding. Now getting back to the gym it is a pain in the *** getting there and coming back and am more than happy to set up my own garage gym. All I need for now is just some weights. If anyone who are great deal spotters can help that'll be great. Anyway i hope that kinda clears some things up from my last post.