CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-30-2007, 05:09 AM   #11
Mark Williams

Profile:
Friday night turned out to be a very drunken evening, with Saturday spent mostly trying to recover. Game yesterday was v disappointing - we let uorselves down and lost to a team we should havebeaten. They played well but we made them look a lot better than they were.

On a personal point, I probably only took 1/2 the snaps as its the first game of the season there was a lot of cycling and being a new player. Fitness wasn't an issue, strength wasn't either, I made a couple of really good lead blocks and laid a linebacker out when he got an interception. I prefer tackling to running with the ball so, when we get a break in matches I will ask about perhaps switching.

Diet this weekend has been bad - I can accept one bad day a week as a blow out and to indlge myself but the badness atrted Friday evening and only finished last night and this is unacceptable.

Will do a WOD later on but not sure which yet. Got a kick blister from yesterday that is genuinely sore to walk on (actually picked it up on Tuesday playing squash but made it worse) so if I can avoid running too much I will.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Mark Williams

Profile:
as the day has dragged on I;ve discovered more aches and pains and a general fatigue - gam intensity is much greater than training intensity! I went to the gym but I didn't do the WOD today:

Hammerstrength Bench
1x5 @ 80kg
1x5 @ 90kg
3x5 @ 105kg

Pull-ups
3x7
1x5

Called it a day at that, pretty sore everywhere - as the season is on me now I might make Monday an active rest day - do some swimming. With a squash match a week and a mid-week light football practice, its all eatig into my workout time!

Diet
throughout day - 2 plums, 1 tsp honey, 4 almonds
tonight - rib-eye steak, 1/2 pack mince, 1 onion, weightwatchers choc desert.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
Mark Williams

Profile:
ended up running too late tonight to do my training so feeling pretty guilty.

Diet
during the day - 4 plums, handful of almonds, 1 tsp honey.
evening - rib-eye steak (fat removed), chicken breast and handful of low fat chips.

Tomorrow will be playin 40 - 60 mins of squash then shooing over to light football practise so will be no WODs. Going to weigh and measure on Friday morning as away this weekend for a match in Scotland.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
Mark Williams

Profile:
Drew in my squash game - a lot more of a workout this week - we were pretty evenly matched (equally bad!) which made for some long rallies and plenty of running around. Straight from squash to light football practise and I felt good and full of energy - we ran lots of reps of plays for Sunday and I was surprised at how light on my feet I felt and how I kept my pace up, jogging back to the huddle where I'd normally walk in practise.

Diet
Throughout day - 3 plums, 1 apple, handful almonds
Dinner - 1 pack extra lean mince meat, 1 chicken breast, 5 tortillas.

Felt very hungry when I got in - shouln't have had so many tortillas but I worked hard today so I'll let it go. Resisted free jam donoughts and chocolate cake at work so discipline on track. During the day I'm still not feeling overy hungry and not experiencing the afternoon fuzz that I used to so happy with how I'm eating. Will just wait and see how my weight/measurements are on Friday to see if its a viable weight loss method.

Tomorrow will do todays WOD (looks like a tough one!) and Friday plan to do the Hang Clean Squat/Pull-up one. Might throw the push press triples one in just before- we'll see how I go.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
Mark Williams

Profile:
Decided to do the push-press WOD (sort of) and the deadlift/sit-up WOD (sort of) today and will do hang clean squat and pull-up WOD tomorrow.

WOD 07051
Jammer Extension
1x3@ 50kg
1x3@ 70kg
1x3@ 80kg
1x3@ 85kg
1x3@ 90kg
1x3@ 95kg
1x3 @ 100kg

WOD 07052
Deadlift 100kg x 21
30 twisting sit-ups
Deadlift 100kg x 15
20 twisting sit-ups
Deadlift 100kg x 9
10 twisting sit-ups

Time: 8:17

Breakdown
Replaced push presses for jammer extensions because I find the movement better for blocking movement from football. Felt heavy but kept the lifts explosive.
didn't have a bench ot do the funny sit-ups so did nearly straight legged sit-ups ith a twist. This is a good workout but my time was poor largely because my skin hasn't toughened up to deadlifting again so my hands lost a bit of pink stuff.

Diet
throughout the day: 3 plums, 4 almonds, 1 tbsp honey.
dinner: pack of extra lean mince, 6 slices of extra lean bacon (all fat trimmed) with 3 tortillas, some white chocolate.

Disappointed that I ate the chocolate - although it was tasty! Bought it because it was on offer and I made the mistake of stopping for a bottle of pepsi max while a bit hungry.

Weighing in tomorrow morning so will see if my efforts are starting to yield results: more interested in losing inches in the right place than the actual weight (I remember last time I did crossfit for the first couple months weight hardly budged, was just regaining old lost muscle... when that had come back weight suddely dropped by 7lbs in 2 weeks - here's hoping for more of the same!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #16
Mark Williams

Profile:
Todays WOD looked great but I had my heart set on the hang clean squat one, so I mixed themup... my hang clean squats are a bit rubbish and I don't have an adjustable bar or a high enough step to make jumping pull-ups. By the way - I'm not sure why crssfity uses jumping pull-ups as opposed to the kip/normal ones - they seem to make the mvmt easy (unless I'm doing it wrong?) - any ideas?

WOD(ish)
rounds in 20 mins of:
40kg Thrusters x 21
strict pull-ups x 7

5 rounds and 15 thrusters.

Breakdown
bit of a killer this one! For about 10 mins after finishing, it hurt my shouders jut to exist! After the fist round I hoped to get 5 rounds so was ok with what I ended up with - I was very strict on thruster and pull-ups form, discarding a couple of both when the rom wasn't full.

Diet
throughout day: bacon and sausage sandwich (bss paid fr breakfasts this morning and I couldn't resist), 1 plum.
tonight: (I can smell this cooking downstairs now and I can't wait!!) 1lb lean tenderloin pork, roasted with some onion, garlic and seasoned with black pepper and thyme - going to have with small handful of weightwatcher chips. Mmm MMM!!!!

Missed my alarm so didn;t weigh etc this morning, will do tomorrow. felt bad all day bout the breakfast I had - I know my diet isn't going to be great this weekend because we're playing in Scotland but I'm taking a bag of apples for the coach trip and will eat light Sunday morning so Sat evening meal and poss Sunday will be cheats but will try to keep to minimum (especially Saturday nights).

Will post measurements etc tomorrow
Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #17
Mark Williams

Profile:
"Weigh Day" Results

Weight - 194.6
Waist - 38.5"
Thigh - 27.25"
Calves - 17.25"
Arms - 16.5" (L) 16.3/8" (R)
F.Arms - 12.5"

Breakdown
I've lost 2.2lbs since the 2nd April, and 5lbs since the 15th April.
I've lost 1.75" from my waist since the 15th April but only .25" since the 22nd.
I've lost .5" off my thighs and I have noticed they've been more defined.
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed - 2.2lbs is not much to lose after a fortnight and only .25" off my waist in 2 weeks is pretty poor too. I'll be heading off in a few hours for the match in Scotland, when I get back to training on Monday I'll introduce a new rule of thumb that on days where its a met-con workout that lasts fewer than 20 mins, I will add some low impact cardio for 20 mins afterwards. On heavy lifting days, I will add on 30-40 mins of low impact cardio. I go on holidays the 17th June so need to up the tempo a bit to look respectable.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #18
Mark Williams

Profile:
The bad news is my diet was terrible over the weekend. The good news is, we got our first win of the season!

Spent yesterday recovering and got on with it again today.

Hammer Bench
1x5 @ 80kg
1x5 @ 90kg
3x5 @ 110kg

WOD 070506
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
60kg Thrusters
10kg Pull-ups
Round: 6 rounds, 7 thrusters.

Breakdown
Bench - was only going to do 107.5kg but upped it, felt strong and thre was a pretty girl watching! Felt hard but happy to move up to 112.5kg next week.
WOD - This was like the WOD I did on Friday on steroids! Was good hard work and I was gutted when I had to drop the pull-ups weight down - I always prfer to d it as close to Rx'd as possible - but a couple of trial reps with 20kg proved to be too much for me to get more than a round of quality reps out.

Diet
Daytime - 2 apples, 1 satsuma.
Post workout - 450g steak, handful of low fat chips.

Overall, a good day. Prob no squash this week so will go to the gym straight from work, and then on to football light practise. Will see what tomorrows WOD is like before deciding what to do - ain't no way i'm runnng 10k!

Mark
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #19
Mark Williams

Profile:
Weather turned tonight so no light practise, did film study instead. Went and did the "Crossfit Total" WOD intending to do some cv at practise but that didn't really come off!

WOD 07059
Shoulder Press - 70kg (154lbs)
Squat - 140kg (308lbs)
Deadlit - 150kg (330lbs)
Total - 360kg (792lbs)

Breakdown
Shoulder press - good form, very very strict. Might have had a bitmore in there, particularly if last workout hadn't been thrusters! Good starting point.
Squat - felt may have had a bit more in this but not much - been a while since I squatted heavy so best to play safe.
Deadlift - grip the problem here. Deadift should be a lot higher than squat but something to work on...

Diet
Today - 2 apples, 1 satsuma. handful alonds, 1tbsp honey.
Tonight - 3 tortilla wraps, pack of extra lean mince, and 4 rashers extra lean bacon.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #20
Mark Williams

Profile:
What has crossfit got against shoulders at the moment?! Every workout includes some sort of deltoid torture, this was no different.

Had to sub the HSPU's because I can't do them. Changed the weight a little bit too, but kept the "flavour" of the WOD.

WOD 07060(ish)
Power Clean 50kg (110lbs)
Shoulder Press 50kg (110lbs)
5 rounds = 22:35

Breakdown
Very hard work, but kept form strict. Will be interesting to see what my time on this will be in a few months. Left shoyulder slightly sore now but probably more due to football than the weights as form was pretty much perfect throughout.

Diet
Day: 2 apples, 1 satsuma, handful almonds.
Post w/out: biiiig steak (grilled), handful parsnips, peppercorn sauce.