CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
So I did Bottom to Bottom Tabata Squats today for the first time (I did regular Tabata squats once before).

I'm pretty darn sure I was doing them right, I was going all the way down and darn near launching off the ground on the way back up I was trying to do them so fast, and I was basically sitting on my calves during the rest (are you supposed to be sitting on your calves/heels, or actively holding yourself up with your muscles at the "bottom" of a squat?

My score was, if I remember correctly:
23-21-21-20-20-20-19-19
That first push off the bottom was the hardest, they got easier from there it seemed.

By the way, when I did normal tabata squats, I did all 21's.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Connie Morreale

Profile:
sorry. the correct answer is holding the squat position. it becomes a question of which is better. while actively doing squats (20 secs) you cant wait til the rest. While "resting" in a squat (10 secs) you cant wait to start moving again. watch the bottom to bottom video in the exercise demo section.. those people are suffering! except for my hero, annie
Old 06-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
crap... off to do those again another day. But I suppose it's going to feel like skating a 3000m in short track, interesting...

(Message edited by Matt_DeMinico on June 30, 2007)
Old 06-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
Man, you're right... they are dying. I know the feeling, but man, it looks like some of those guys are ones from other WOD demos, and were fairly good at them. I can't believe it kicked their butts that good.

Maybe this is an event at a crossfit competition that I can actually win, cause I sure as heck can't win any upper body ones.