CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
Steve Simons

Profile:
Re: Fruit & nuts advice please

Adam, the short story is this. The low-fat, high carb diets that I've had peddled to me for the last 20+ years don't work, I'm exhausted all the time and I feel like ****. Cambridge stripped weight off me but left me weak, tired and feeling like ****.
Wolf, Cordain and Taubes got me into low carb and thus Paleo. I lost a few inches off my waist before it stopped. However, muscle has been coming back by itself and I feel much, much better to the extent that I want to exercise. Hard. Hence CF.
I'm looking for advice (ideally from previously obese CFers) about what worked for them so I can perhaps alter my intake in a similar way
I've only just started CF so I'm thinking I should hang fire on changes for a few weeks to see what effect the exercise has.

Kind regards,
Steve
Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Andrew Milligan

Profile:

Hi Steve,

I wasn't quite as big as you when I started to eat healthier last summer, but I was relatively close. 6'0", 245 lbs, 45% BF. I started eating healthier last July (2010). Working out in September, not crossfit, but just general conditioning, strength building, and weight loss. I then started with scaled down CF workouts in January of this year. I am currently 215 pounds and 29% BF. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, just showing you this stuff does work, but it does take time. Commint yourself, and you will not regret it! Good luck!

P.S. I was an athlete growing up until about 26 when I took a road sales job for 6 years and kept Applebee's in business.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #13
Steve Simons

Profile:

That's good to know, Andrew. Thank you.