CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
How does this schedule sound to you?

So, since beginning CF in september of 09, I have built up a huge capacity for my workouts, however, I also got greedy in my training and developed shin splints. I still have them, due to the fact that I train as a competitive trampolinist for 1.5-2 hours, twice a week. Long story short, fast forward to present day (still trampolining twice a week), and im overtraining. My body is basically breaking down. I am used to doing 3 days on, 1 off, 4 days on, 1 off (99% of these workouts are metcons, due to lack of equipment at home. I think this was too much and it led to my overtraining) due to scheduling conflicts (somehow my general schedule works out to be that). Some days, like wednesdays, i go CF at my school after it ends, but i also have trampolining on wednesday. As well, I also want to get stronger, and will be doing SS over the summer, but for now, I do maybe one ME day a week. My coach suggested to me the following program in order to stop myself from overtraining, and I was looking for some feedback

Sunday:
Met-con OR Max Effort Press (Depending on how I feel during the day, how the week of training went, etc.)

Monday:
Trampoline

Tuesday:
Rest

Wednesday:
Met-con (After school CF)
Trampoline (A rest day was suggested for tuesday and thursday in order to help prepare for and recover from a two-a-day)

Thursday:
Rest

Friday:
Max Effort Squat/DL (Is it okay if DL takes place during school, around lunch, and Squat happens in the evening, in a different training session?)

Saturday:
Rest

Finally, for Max Effort, what are some of the variations I could do?
5x5, 5-5-5-5-5, 5x3, 3x5, 1x5, 5-1, etc. Any other ideas?

Thanks for any advice in advance
Old 04-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
Re: How does this schedule sound to you?

Please ignore this thread. I reposted it in "Fitness" as I felt that would be more appropriate.