CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: Abdominal strength program

I hear p90x works real good, maybe you should go try that!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Donald Davis View Post
I want to tone my mid section more so then it is now*

Does anyone have a good routine they have found or created themselves to do this? Something that can easily be done at home? I want to incorporate this in with my crossfit work.

Like Monday do a couple ab exercises in the morning and then Tuesday do a few other ones etc....

*I know diet is a big part of this

Thanks for any help!
Eric, you're in my neck of the woods. Do you go to an affiliate or have you ever? Which one? Who have you trained with?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Kettle bell See-Saw press
Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #14
James Napier

Profile:

heavy hand to hand kb swings
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
Brook Ferguson

Profile:

turkish getups...
Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #16
J. Thomas Boss

Profile:

Pilates.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #17
David Fletcher

Profile:

Do you just want a six pack? If so, then never again eat sugar, dairy, or grains. If that doesn't work, then you're genetically screwed so just eat ice cream and work on the guns.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
Ben Brittain

Profile:

Speaking from personal experience, P90X has an absolutely amazing ab workout. However, you have to work absolutely as hard as you can to do what he tells you. As you have crossfit experience, you should already know what this is like.
Another key deciding factor is of course your diet.
You don't have to completely cut out grains, all fat, all sugurs etc... but you will benefit more from taking in natural products that your body can process correctly. For ex. Eat an apple as opposed to a candy bar, as apples have lots of natural sugars.
I will definitely suggest you stay away from products made with white bleached flour. Try and aim for products that use at least whole wheat, but even better are products with whole grains.
But going back to the exercising aspect, you should be doing as much cardio as you can, to help burn those tiny extra layers of fat that the diet doesn't already get rid of.
There are of course other programs that you can follow, but i know for a fact that Tony Horton's P90X is a great workout program. If you can, do the whole program! But check out the Ab Ripper X. If you work hard, it will truly rip your abs!
Best of luck
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:

I like the ad wheel, Saxon side bend, & KB windmill.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #20
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Brittain View Post
Speaking from personal experience, P90X has an absolutely amazing ab workout. However, you have to work absolutely as hard as you can to do what he tells you. As you have crossfit experience, you should already know what this is like.
Another key deciding factor is of course your diet.
You don't have to completely cut out grains, all fat, all sugurs etc... but you will benefit more from taking in natural products that your body can process correctly. For ex. Eat an apple as opposed to a candy bar, as apples have lots of natural sugars.
I will definitely suggest you stay away from products made with white bleached flour. Try and aim for products that use at least whole wheat, but even better are products with whole grains.
But going back to the exercising aspect, you should be doing as much cardio as you can, to help burn those tiny extra layers of fat that the diet doesn't already get rid of.
There are of course other programs that you can follow, but i know for a fact that Tony Horton's P90X is a great workout program. If you can, do the whole program! But check out the Ab Ripper X. If you work hard, it will truly rip your abs!
Best of luck
I tried the "Ab Ripper X" workout, it made my hip flexors quite sore, but I didn't feel much in my abs. Also it's something like 20 min of pure ab work, thousands of reps, too much IMO.