CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 AM   #51
Sam Ser

Profile:
Re: WOD programming - “THE KIWI METHOD”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean J Hunter View Post
As Steve Low seems to say alot. What's ya goals. at some point it may pay for us to post our "Broad specific goals"" to shed some light on why we're programming the way we are.
well, it's hard to evaluate these ideas without knowing what your goals are, which is what i think steven tries to get at with that question.

what's especially awesome about the gant grimes thread where he lays out his hybrid program is that he says quite clearly, "these are my goals, these are my methods, and these are my results." it's easy to evaluate his methods because you can see immediately how his results compared to his goals. and, of course, his results were (are) impressive.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #52
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

Wow moderator, both of those we're Crossfit BB links.....????

Should we start indicating weather out posts a WFS too....????

I'll see if I can find them again.

S
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #53
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

Gymnastic skills thread
Gymnastics skills (WFS)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #54
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

Rips Compendium of different lift programs and levels
Link (WFS)

S
Old 10-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #55
Alex McRobie

Profile:

Quote:

It only takes an hour or two and you'll rap your head around it no problem. Alex my workout partner is a real brick head and he got it pretty quick.

Sean

Sean your a ********, you know that right?

(if you cant figure out what that word is Sean ill give you a hint.. its 2 words the first starts with d second is head

in regards to everyones overtraining questions, just thought id say that so far neither have us had any problems of the sort...
AND....we are both doing splits (morning endurance, evening gym session) im doing 5-6 days of CFE per week and Seans doing some army focused splits, running, rucking etc.

i know a lot of you are going to cry out that that will almost definetly lead to overtraining, but we are making sure to listen to our bodies and also it is a lot easier to recover when you are not hitting muscle groups 2 or 3 days in a row.

not sure if this helps at all but thought id shout out anyway.

i know

Last edited by Alex McRobie : 10-16-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: swear
Old 10-17-2009, 03:42 AM   #56
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Maybe I should have posted these sooner, maybe not *shrug*

Found these "charts" some time ago while researching CF. Seems an interesting way of programming.

See attached files. They work as a group, so don't consider them individually.

Diego
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table1.jpg
Views:	2757
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	5275  Click image for larger version

Name:	table2.jpg
Views:	2151
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	5276  Click image for larger version

Name:	table3.jpg
Views:	3208
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	5277  Click image for larger version

Name:	table4.jpg
Views:	1556
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5278  
Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #57
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

Thanks Diego.

Yip those are a part of the CFJ article linked at the beginning. A must read for anyone attempting to understand programming.

Just on an interesting note the article is written around 2003. So I imagine that CF Programming has moved one somewhat since then. Not saying the principles have changed to much, but the outworking of them may have changed quite a bit in 6 or so years.

Sean
Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #58
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Diego.

Yip those are a part of the CFJ article linked at the beginning. A must read for anyone attempting to understand programming.

Just on an interesting note the article is written around 2003. So I imagine that CF Programming has moved one somewhat since then. Not saying the principles have changed to much, but the outworking of them may have changed quite a bit in 6 or so years.

Sean
Ahhh, I just know I had them lying in my CF folder (getting bigger every day!) and couldn't remember where I'd got them from. Still, I think they might be a good base for learning how to shuffle the different skills that CF is made out of before jumping into more advanced stuff. Kinda like "learning to walk before CFing"

Diego
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #59
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

We would be greatly interested in more thoughts on what we have done here and ways it can be improved or changed.

My goal all along was to start a thread that, using our collective conciseness’, create a flexible template that allows any athlete with only a relatively marginal knowledge in PT to create a program that will work for them in view of their goals and where they are currently at in achieving those goals.

With-in reason of course. Obviously brand new newbie’s and fire breathers have completely different needs. I am more referring to the 68.2% who fall within that central standard deviation kinda thing. To use a CF analogy those who tend to fall into levels 2 and 3 of the 4 level Crossfit North Standards chart….kinda thing.

Although the CFSB & CFWF programs are amazingly awesome, and truly brought me into the light and as Gant said truly let me start to enjoy my PT again, I too have asked the question that I see so many ask, how can I modify CFSB & CFWF to be more focused on what I need to achieve and how can I program my own WODs (Stamina / Cardio etc) around these strength choices.

Our answer to this question is attached, but we are far from PT experts, and I am sure that with our collective conciseness’ we can improve this base template.

Constructive feedback sort from any and all. No constructive input is bad input.

I do wonder if I need to rewrite the document to take out how WE are doing it in view of OUR goals and truly make it a usable general program template.

Please...if you want me to change something ask....if you have some ideas let's hear em. Alex and I are excited to really be doing something that is working for us so well...we'd love to improve on it even more as well as share the love with our other PT brothers.

All advice and comments up till now have been greatly appreciated. However I do want to emphasise that the strength part of this program is for our specific goals and may not be applied well as I am far from a PT expert. My desired emphasis on this thread (perhaps I could have communicated this better) is to seek input into how to program WODs around Strength choices and how to create a flexible template for self programming.

Cheers, look forward to more input.

Sean