CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #11
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Thursday 080724 : Fran

First Fran...my step mothers name is Fran...Hmmm?

20lb Thrusters
First 2 sets Pull-ups (21 and 15) assisted, last set of 9 pull-ups as negatives (First time able to do negatives!)

9:40

I'm amazed at the times and the weight women my size are using...i really feel like i need some encouragement...I'm weak...but i'm working on it. My arms feel like limp noodles!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Helen Lawson

Profile:

F/5'7"/124 lbs/39 yo -- Buttercup

So this morning i woke up thinking "I have to play in a golf tournament tomorrow so I'm going to skip the WOD today."

Then, I read the WOD and Jeremy story and I started feeling guilty. I was thinking all day that I would let down Jeremy and his family if I slacked off today. But, I'm still sore from the Sumo Deadlift High Pull and the walking lunges one day last week. And, my chest/back is sore from...i don't know what...but i still feel guilty!

So...one set of 21 squats and burpees down...

OK....set of 15 complete...by the end they didn't much resemble burpees but i'm doing my best...

Yeah! I finished my first Jeremy....that was for you kid!

Now...i'm going to go sit in a chair in front of a fan and have a nice cold beer! The beer i'll dedicate to Jeremys parents!

Touching story! I sent it to many friends with small children. I hope they do the burpees and teach thier kids to swim.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #13
Helen Lawson

Profile:

I forgot to mention about yesterdays "Jeremy" that I just used a wooden dowel (no weight) for OHS and took 18 minutes....lots of rest between sets but didn't break up the sets too much.

Off to play golf now...Ballston Spa Member/Guest. I'll do Michael tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
Helen Lawson

Profile:

F/5'7"/124 lbs/39 yo
Michael: 800m run, 50 Situps, 50 Back extensions

Rested yesterday and did 2/3 Michael today.
I skipped the Back Extensions. My back has been a little stiff for the past few days and I'm playing in a two day golf tournament starting tomorrow so I wanted to take it a little easy.

This was my first "run" WOD. I don't run! I barely jog. 3/4 mile took 10 minutes...I know, but I took my dog with me and he had to stop a few times to leave "presents". Then we ran into a loose dog and had to stop a minute for a little sniffing party. But, I alternated walking/jogging the rest of the time. I think i need to leave my dog at home next time i attempt a run.

Situps: Did 50 Pilates roll-ups in 5 minutes. (Legs straight, hands overhead, roll up to touch toes.) Good stretch for the hamstrings after the "run".

So, sad I know. 2/3 Michael: 15 minutes!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
Helen Lawson

Profile:

F/5'7"/124lbs/39yo

First "Helen"! (my namesake! And I'm proud!)

400 meters (3/4 of the way around the block i live on -- walked the rest. Used Mapmyrun.com. People in my neighborhood usually only run if they've stolen something so everyone looked at me really weird!)

21 KB swings w/9lb kettlebell -- want to make up "Crossfit Total" later so didn't want to push it.

12 assisted pull-ups for first two sets. Last set 6 assisted and 6 negatives.

23 minutes -- sad! I know! But, i'm working on it and I'm just proud to be doing it!

FYI...there are streams of sweat running down my back and my friends told me this week that they can tell my arms are getting bigger!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #16
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Yeah...right...15K...LOL! Most "run" previously was "Helen" at 400m x3.

I worked on Pull-ups and made up "Crossfit Total"
Total = 180lbs

Back Squat: 1RM = 45lbs -- failed to get low enough with 55lbs.

Shoulder Press 1RM = 45 lbs (struggling)
Most previous was 30lbs.

Deadlift 1RM = 90lbs. (Guess -- i previously lifted 80lbs for 5 sets of 5 so I'm guessing i can at least get 90, probably more.)
Skipped Deadlift due to sore back and replaced with 40 minutes of Yoga and a Chiropractor visit.

NEWGA Championship (golf) Monday & Tuesday...didn't do too great (OK, I sucked). Came in 4th place in 2nd flight with an 88 & 93 (12 handicap) I started the 2nd day with a 9 on a par 5 but kept it together. Hows this for consistency: 51/42. Club Championship this weekend.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Rest Day...ahhhh....I went shopping and bought 2 bags of garden soil (50 lbs each)...put them in my car...brought them home and took them out of my car...carried them to my rock garden and spent 3 hours digging in the dirt.

Now I'm off to teach a Yoga class then a golf fitness clinic....then a tall glass of wine and a bowl of ice cream.

I love Rest Day!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #18
Leanne M Lloyd

Profile:

Hey Helen, keep up the good work!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #19
Helen Lawson

Profile:

I took this last cycle off to play in my club championship (golf...again getting in the way...12 handicap). I shot 88 the first day (this really sucks for me) and 83 the second day (which i was happy with). The winner was 14 years old and shot 79/75. Got my butt kicked by a teenager(s). I tied for low net so at least got some name recognition.

My back is still a little stiff and my shins and knees have been bothering me on and off. I think i have to do any running on grass to start with and warm up a little better first.

I'll be back on track starting tomorrow!

Helen
Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #20
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Help Please!!!!!
I feel like such a wimp after looking at what other women my age & size are doing.

When I did the CFT the most i could back squat was 45lbs. When I tried 55lbs i couldn't get low enough and my back felt like it started to buckle. I had someone watching me with the 55lbs and said that the tops of my thighs were barely parallell. (sp?)

Today i did Back Squats 5x5 and after warm-up used 35 lbs -- i was doing this at home with no squat rack, no spotter and can't dump the weights so i didn't want to risk going any heavier. Later I walked 9 holes of golf (2 1/2 miles) and I was exhausted.

I can already tell i'll be sore tomorrow -- my butt is very fatiqued.

Am i just a wimp? Any suggestions?