CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
Jay Nel

Profile:
Group training for TAC Team...

I've discovered CF and have been pushing it on all the members of my tactical team. A couple have taken notice and seem very interested in it.

However, I'd like to get a few more to understand the concept. Instead of telling them workouts to do, I'd like to do some group workouts in teams of 3 or 4 guys. We're all competitive and I think doing this will build morale and interest in the CF principles. Only thing is we lack equipment, or enough for teams to do the workouts against eachother. We have about one of everything and that's it.

Does anyone have any workouts that they have used for groups without a lot of equipment? I think getting everyone involved will produce better PT results within our squad. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Alex Europa

Profile:
Re: Group training for TAC Team...

Check out the videos for Team Angelina and Trevor Team WODs. They should give you an idea on how to modify most WODs to fit your equipment/personnel needs.

Also, there was a post awhile back about Eva T.'s bodyweight exercises that a Gunney or Staff Sgt. was hoping to use with his USMC battalion/platoon. I'll see if I can find it...

Unfortunately, I've run into the same problem getting my team guys to implement it. Most still just do the standard run/pushup/pullup - wash rinse repeat. I'm not a team leader or anything like that, so I definately can't MAKE them do anything...I just keep hoping that my performance persuades a few of them. Give it time, CrossFit usually sells itself in the long run.

- Alex
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Alex Europa

Profile:

Bingo was his name-o

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=21576

And I was partially right...Angry G compiled the list...and GySgt Ollis responded to it...at least my memory isn't failing me too much yet.

- Alex
Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Jay Nel

Profile:

Thanks for replying. I can't get the guys to break free from one or the other, whether it be weights or run. CF is all my partner and I talk about at training. Slowly we'll get some guys to come around. It will only better us and bring us closer together.....
Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:

Jay - I have the wonderfully good forture of having my team at my gym at the start of each training day. What has happened is that the workouts have become a sort of test and force everyone to train hard the rest of the week so as not to be last on the board during the CrossFit workout. We have done a variety of Angie workouts where I break the 100 reps into different numbers of sets, we have done Helen and we have done a lot of stuff I just make up based on how many guys I have in the gym that day. Rotations on time work well such as with FGB...but of course that requires a C2 and other equipment. If you have one of everything create exercise stations and with those pieces of equipment and have a rotation time of 30 seconds or so with max reps at each station. That will keep the guys from running into each other. Tabata's work well too with half scoring and half working and switching every 4 minutes. You can also invent your own FGB with 6 or seven stations (or whatever half your group is) so that one group keeps score of a partner's reps and the other hammers. Do Angie or that kind of workout as a pair so that each pair assists one another through the workout.

Can't you get some sort of team leader mandate to do CF? Perhaps an explanation to the leadership will get that ball rolling. Worked for me.