CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
Oliver Gould

Profile:
Re: Where are you the most sore?

GHD situps leave me extremely sore every single time I do them. Usually lasts around 2 days. Nothing quite does it like the GHD.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #12
Spencer Provow

Profile:

the dl has my number ever time
Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
Scott Allen Hanson

Profile:

I'd have to agree with Steve L. and Tim D. I've been CFing for a little over two years, and the worst DOMS occurs after heavy BS or DL, in the posterior chain (glutes, hams, back erectors).

Actually, just taking inventory here and realize I'm sore in the traps (probably the cleans in Linda from Friday) and my abs and lower back (Michael yesterday). I think age is also a factor (I'm 48), so I'm probably more susceptible.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #14
Joe Cavazos

Profile:

Quads after ridiculous amounts of Air Squats, and abs after L-pull-ups and GHD Sit-ups.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #15
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Running and bodyweight squats. High rep killers that leave my legs sore for some time.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 AM   #16
Victor Putz

Profile:

GHD situps, although since I started doing them in my warmup, it's not so bad.

No, what kills me EVERY time with DOMS is... walking lunges. Part of it's the relative rarity of the exercise, but a large part is that, to avoid smacking my kneecap into the floor, I lower the last bit pretty slowly, which I'm sure puts a heavy eccentric load on my glutes. But walking lunges == sore butt for five days.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #17
Gorm Laursen

Profile:

I'm almost never sore anymore, except when I do something new or something I haven't done in a loooong while.

Yesterday I played high intensity soccer for 2 1/2 hrs. That has really kicked my psoass, so I can't hardly get up from lying position today.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 AM   #18
Cal Jones

Profile:

Depends which parts I've been working.
Murph always cripples me though - even my abs are sore after Murph! (And that's with Gravitron pull-ups).
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #19
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

I've been joking lately when asked, "are you sore?" by replying, "Well, put it this way: my nose doesn't hurt."

This week is particularly bad because I did 3 workouts last Monday, and I'm doing a lot of pullup practice. I'm mostly sore in my arms. Not surprising, I'm weakest there.

Until this week, I had a grace period of a couple of weeks where I felt minimal soreness, and like a little engine with inexhaustable fuel.

Susie
Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #20
Jared Ashley

Profile:

I'm pretty new to crossfit (6 weeks), but my results in terms of soreness are surprising.

I've switched over after 3 years of a traditional 3day/week BB-type lifting plus cardio program... with that program I found that my chest, tri's and quads would just get slaughtered and usually be sore for two days. Somtimes I'd feel it in the hammies and the upper back but those muscles adapted pretty quick. Running would give me crazy shin-splints within a week, even with ice, good shoes, ect.

Contrast this with crossfit... the first week I was sore everywhere, but only a little. After that, I've found I'm rarely sore at all... I can feel I've been worked, but it's more of a background hum than the "standing up from a chair sucks" type of BB pain. On days with a lot of Oly lifts (which I'd never done before) or DLHP's my traps will be pretty sore, but that's about it. It's been a great, unexpected side-effect of this program! And I know it doesn't result from not working hard enough, because I've been making gains... I've noticed, and my girlfriend has noticed. Plus, no shin-splints!