CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Joshua Desmond

Profile:
Approval of Paleo from my cardiologist

Back story: I see a cardiologist regularly for a heart arrhythmia and had an echo done a few months back. During this time my cardiologist asked how I ate, and what type of exercise I did (since I had some abnormal readings, turned out to be Athletes Heart). I told him I follow a paleo lifestyle for the most part and do crossfit. Now most Dr's would have said ok and just added it to their charts, but fast forward to my follow up appt yesterday.

As it turns out, my cardiologist was interested in my lifestyle, and took it upon himself to read up on Robb Wolf and Mark Sission. During my appointment yesterday he informed me that these guys are really onto something and that this really is the ideal way to eat, and that my numbers back up my lifestyle. He even has familiarized himself with crossfit (through robb wolf's podcast) and has adopted a paleo diet. I must say, I am lucky to have found a cardiologist who not only supports my lifestyle, but is also willing to go out do the research and adopt it as his own.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Stu Christensen

Profile:
Re: Approval of Paleo from my cardiologist

Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Desmond View Post
Back story: I see a cardiologist regularly for a heart arrhythmia and had an echo done a few months back. During this time my cardiologist asked how I ate, and what type of exercise I did (since I had some abnormal readings, turned out to be Athletes Heart). I told him I follow a paleo lifestyle for the most part and do crossfit. Now most Dr's would have said ok and just added it to their charts, but fast forward to my follow up appt yesterday.

As it turns out, my cardiologist was interested in my lifestyle, and took it upon himself to read up on Robb Wolf and Mark Sission. During my appointment yesterday he informed me that these guys are really onto something and that this really is the ideal way to eat, and that my numbers back up my lifestyle. He even has familiarized himself with crossfit (through robb wolf's podcast) and has adopted a paleo diet. I must say, I am lucky to have found a cardiologist who not only supports my lifestyle, but is also willing to go out do the research and adopt it as his own.
Did you bill him a consulting fee?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Joshua Desmond

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Did you bill him a consulting fee?
Should have just told him to call this last visit a wash! It helps too that he is a younger Doctor and is not as close minded as some as other doctors I have visited as far as exercise and nutrition goes.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Arturo Garcia

Profile:

"These guys are onto something". Heh, that's what I said when I started reading all these people too, like De Vany, etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Liz Wolfe

Profile:

Awesome. He should join the Paleo Physician's Network.