CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Aaron Gainer

Profile:
personal trainer certification for a phys ed teacher?

Long time lurker here that uses this site for a lot of reference on exercise demos and great information.

I just graduated college with a B.S. in education with my major being physical education and my minor being health. Being that I like to work and teach others and my dedication to weight lifting for the past 9 years I am looking forward to teaching others the correct techniques as well as make some money by doing it.

Now being that Im a physical education teacher, would the ncsa be the best certification based on how I can use it for sports teams if I decide to coach? I know ace isn't the best and really don't look at it as a great certification but something that just gets you in the door.

For knowledge so far, books I have read are: core performance, ultimate back fitness and performance, starting strength, powerlifting: A scientific approach, relax into stretch, practical programming(almost done), serious strength training, supertraining(not even close to being done as it is harder to comprehend), etc....

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron Gainer
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Jason Beck

Profile:
Re: personal trainer certification for a phys ed teacher?

I also have a degree in h & pe and my cert. is in nsca. You shouldn't have much of a problem passing the test. I bought the book to study from but didn't need any of the classes or video's. Basically, you will need to learn about client consultations and legal issues with training. You already have the anat and phys and exercise science background.

Hope this helps.

Jason