CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-13-2003, 10:53 PM   #1
Roy

Profile:

I just finished the metabolic shift, and ready to start a 95% paleo NHE tomorrow, with the exception of whey powder and peanut butter. Im gonna gradually drop these cravings, but not at once(might as well finish what I have). Two things I could have done much better on during my metabolic shift: (1) not eat as much cheeses as I did (2) replace some of the saturated dear salamis with more olive oil and egg whites or some other protein. Other than that, I did well. I gained 7 pounds and then lost 6 pounds since november 30 till tonight. The strange thing about this loss is that from november 30 to december 6, I was overeating on everything(bread, fruit, all sorts of protein, cereals, walnuts, you name it) I started the shift on the 7th.

I went from 157 lbs, 9.7% bodyfat on november 30, weighed 165 on the 6th, and tonight Dec 13, I weigh 158 lbs, at 8.7% bodyfat. funny how that worked out in my opinion. When I weighed 165, my midsection was clouded over a bit with a new undesirable "layer", now its very visible. SO i must have actually dropped about 2% in a week, since I put on more fat during the week after the 30th. Is that considered normal or phenomenal? I havent yet looked into rates at which bodyfat percentages decrease.

Cheers

Roy
Old 12-14-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Roy,

I doubt you had gained significat bodyfat during your eat everything jaunt. Most likely, when you looked at yourself on the 6th, you were retaining a lot fo water due to the high intake of carbs and salt. You dropped a large amount of water during the metabolic shift and also some fat. Those two phenomena combined probably made it seem as though the fat was melting off. Good luck with the plan. Keep us posted!

-Jay
Old 12-15-2003, 06:46 AM   #3
Roy

Profile:

Could water loss give a different reading on calipers, even though you may not have lost fat?
Old 12-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

From what I've heard, yes. Though, this is not an area of expertise for me so take my advice with a grain of salt :-)

-Jay