CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Francisco Zambrano

Profile:
how would you name your affiliate??

Hello everyone today i received an email that approved to get my affiliate, only the name i was thinking wasnt available, its almost impossible to believe because the name was conformed of my initials and my brother initials which is FERZa, the e mail said that it might a name already in use or that i didnt use the word crossfit in it.... does anybody have any good suggestions for names??
Old 08-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Tom McFarlane

Profile:
Re: how would you name your affiliate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Zambrano View Post
Hello everyone today i received an email that approved to get my affiliate, only the name i was thinking wasnt available, its almost impossible to believe because the name was conformed of my initials and my brother initials which is FERZa, the e mail said that it might a name already in use or that i didnt use the word crossfit in it.... does anybody have any good suggestions for names??
Personally, I always liked names like Hybrid Athletics, Sicfit, Sealfit, Optimum Performance Training, Lift Hard/Run Fast, etc. much better than the standard "Crossfit (location)." They are close enough that people looking to crossfit will know what it is, but individual enough that you don't look like just another location of McCrossfit.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Eric R Cohen

Profile:

I'd do Zambrano Crossfit if I were you. Unique, memorable, won't tie you to one location.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Tom Taylor

Profile:

I like what Eric is saying here. We chose a location based name when there were less than 150 affiliates the problem was we moved and grew several times over the years. One of the best names I have ever heard is CrossFit Legacy. The main reason being the meaning behind it but if Brian had to move 2,000 miles from his current location he would still be CrossFit Legacy. Put some thought in to the name and good luck in your journey.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Ash Smith

Profile:

Crossfit Forza might be cool...it's still an anagram of your name and means "force" or "strength" in Italian (but you probably knew that).

The only problem I see is that a lot of people associate it with the video game, sadly.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Ian Nigh

Profile:

Changing your affiliate's name is not a problem if you change locations/countries/whatever, as long as your new name is not taken. We went through this process when we relocated form Japan and HQ was very understanding and helpful.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
Nicholas Scarabosio

Profile:

I too received the same email and am in the same dilemma! Although I agree that something like sicfit, lift hard/run fast is great and unique, I am wondering if they want CrossFit in there? It is us who is in essence franchising, so does CrossFit want the recognition to help spread the word?

And don't get me wrong I think that is the smart thing to do. But it does make naming a little more difficult.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Nicholas Scarabosio

Profile:

P.S. we were going for projectRx CrossFit I have googled and looked through the affiliate names and couldnt find a similar.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Francisco Zambrano

Profile:

I am trying to find foreign names for it as well since i am foreign myself but words dont sound as strong when you say them, I was thinking of Nirvana but there is a lot of meaning in the word but it doesnt sound as strong, thanks for all your ideas peeps...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #10
Francisco Zambrano

Profile:

guys help me out over here if you read this messege please help me find out how to post questions on this blog i am so confused, jaja... sorry about the ignorance i am not very good with technology and this computer sh&*(...