CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Red face Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

This is the perfect day for me to begin my workout journal. Today's workout is the first that I finished without nausea or tears, and, I am still able to walk after driving home! (I feel certain I will be worked to a quivering pulp later this week, but today I choose to feel elated at my 'progress')
Warm-up:
Samson Stretch
Push-ups (I moved from wall push-ups to box push-ups, but on my knees)
Ring Dips (fake ones with my feet on the floor to help)
another thing I don't remember the name of. 2 parallel bars close to the ground that you try to hold yourself up on for 20 seconds...again, fake ones, I had to keep my tippy-toes of one foot down.
Workout:
Brand-new for me
Weighted Back Squats: Practiced with 15 pounds then did 5X5 starting at 35 and ending at 65 pounds.
That was it!!
oxox
Pinkalicious

Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Unhappy Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Owie, Owie, OWIE!!! This morning I have a terrific back of the head ache and a cramp between my shoulder blades. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I must go and prepare myself for a day of 20 little darlings calling my name........where's the percocet when you need it??
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 AM   #3
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Good work Sharon, sorry things hurt this morning.Tell the rug rats they have to be nice to Ms. Sharon because you are wokring out hard. Do a squat or too or wall pushup when no one is looking GTG!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Cool Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Jill---I love your newly edited vital stats!!
I treated myself to a lowfat mocha w/extra expresso in hopes it would help my head. It didn't, but boy did it taste yummy!!
We're working on our preschool program for Thanksgiving and I borrowed an accordion to use as accompaniment. My shoulders are so weak and sore that I couldn't even keep the bellows pumping in and out. (I'm not really a dork like that sounds----it was really quite funny---okay sad---but, the kids thought it was hilarious)
oxo
Pinkalicious
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Amy Crawford

Profile:

Keep on keepin' on Sharon! I'm proud of you!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Unhappy Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Today will be my first pout day. It wasn't supposed to be a pout day. It was supposed to be my day that I work out on my own and be so proud of my efforts, but alas, it is not. (yes, I know, insert cheese here to go with my whine)
Anyway, this evening is just another typical day in my ridiculous world. (Do not confuse this with my pinkalicious world--it is a beautiful, happy place that sparkles..........I digress.)
I walked in my front door and was hit in the face by an odor so foul I was practically knocked unconscious, followed by a snorting bellow instantly recognizable as my boy, Big E,sleeping. As I made my way into the house, certain that Big E must have soaked his entire body in some sort of deer urine in heat substance for one of his hunting forays, I noticed two very still figures lying on my white snugly curl up on the couch and watch House blankie. On the floor,(and, as I later found out, all over the entire downstairs and possibly upstairs-I haven't looked there yet), was doggie-doo-doo. Oh no, not the firm kind, not even the semi-soft swirly pile kind. This was the I don't know what they ate, but it's a wonder they aren't dead kind of projectile liquid doo!! Apparently, Big E had worked all night, came in this morning, let the dogs inside, and decided to take a 6 hour nappie on the couch while the dogs helped themselves to who knows what. Sooooooooo, guess what I've been doing? Not running stairs, not planks, not jumping rope, or even preparing a nice dinner. (There'll be no dinner this night!!) I've been cleaning up poopie piles, scrubbing it from the cracks of my hardwood and tile. (Praise God my rug is rolled up in the basement waiting to be steam cleaned from the cat throwing up on it!) Candles have been lighted, lysol has been sprayed liberally, still I smell the gaggy sourness, while my boy Ethan sleeps on................ rest in peace my son, rest in peace.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
Amy Crawford

Profile:

Oh, Sharon, that's not good. That's not good at all. But as you said earlier today, and yes, I heard it come from your mouth, "that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."

If it makes you feel any better, I've made up the "supplemental" workouts for the rest of the month. They're sure to please!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Supplemental workouts rock
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Question Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Yesterday, Wednesday, November 19th, First day of Metabolic Revving WOD+

Sorry I was too traumatized to write last evening. Also, I never made it past the living room when I got home.

I still don't have all the names of WOD and exercises memorized, so I'll have to describe some of the torture....I mean exercises.

Warm-up:
Samson Stretches
Push-ups (on box)
Jumping Pull-ups
Trying to balance on the rings with my arms straight.
Something else that I can't remember

WOD
21/15/10
overhead squats with 15 lb bar
burpees (which should be called vomitees)
THEN for the +
30sec on/30sec off x 2
jump rope
plank burpees
step ups on box
hollow stone(rock?)

Now, here's a question for future reference: If one actually throws up during a work-out, do you have to go back and finish? or, are you excused?

Until tomorrow,
Pinkalicious
Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Smile Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Ahhhhhh... I'm ever so much better today. I'll start with my homework and work my way back to the WOD at Amy's Garage Gym aka torture chamber aka rockin workout joint.

This evenings homework consists of a warm bath, (I added bubbles and a glass of wine), followed by stretching to release the toxins from my tight, trembly tendons, and finally many cups of hot tea to flush the toxins both from my muscles and with any luck my stubborn intestines.

Weekend Homework is stations of 60 second planks, r lunge, l lunge, and weighted ball high pulls X 4.

Today's workout was jumping rope just to get warmed up, working on form with little or no weight, and learning a new 'game' called slam ball. It was really, really fun!!

It's kind of nice not knowing what's in store for me each day until I show up. I dread going for a good 12 hours before time to go, but on the rare day that I can actually see improvement in some part of me, it's a huge high!! Today was that kind of day. Even though I know the break was only because my body wouldn't do anything more, it was still a good day for me cause I went anyway, and did something.

Peace out,
Pinkalicious