CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
Steven Stackpole

Profile:
Couldn't post yesterday because of problems with my computer.
Did Max effort cleans, instead of Tabata WOD.
During my warm-up, did an easy 20 pull-ups. Stopped mostly because of shock, that I had done that many.
Then I went on to do 4 sets of triples, with 210lbs, full squat cleans.
Then I did singles with 235,240,240,245, and 250, power cleans followed by a full depth squat.
It's all coming together as planned :-)

Thanks
Old 12-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Weird, I just got back from the gym. I subbed a ME clean day for the run/situp/backext/run(12/6) WOD.
You got me by five# on the cleans, but I did not follow mine with a front squat. I did fail x3 on 265. I still have a lot of trouble on the rack position due to flexibility.

Then followed that with "bear"-like complexes(PC-FS-Thruster-Push Press-Split jerk-Back Squat-Snatch press-drop weight before I kill myself). Did singles(hahaha) at 95,115,135,155,175,185,205. With rest only while changing weights, that was fun. Then did two rounds of 5 OHS- 5 OH lung R - 5 OH lunge L, light weight(45#, 65#)

Fun fun stuff.
Congrats on the Pull-ups. From one of the bigger CF guys to one on the biggest. Current BW 235.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Michael Ledney

Profile:
First off, well done fellows. Recently I was beginning to think there was no single lift/WOD/etc. where I could compete with the CF elites. But I've impressed myself with a few of the recent clean centric WODs.

Don't want to hi-jack this thread, but this looks like an opportunity for a friendly competition if you guys (and anybody else) are into it. I haven't really thought it through, but maybe some combination of BW cleans and (weighted?) pullups for reps and time? 21/15/9 might be a stretch, maybe 12/9/6.

Let me know, I saved quite a bit of my vacation time to sprinkle around the holidays this year and have been looking for something to focus on during my time off.

BTW, I'm 225/230# depending on time of the day, smaller than y'all, but not one of those rabbits trying to sneak in under the radar.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Hahaha. Pretty much my only chance to compete with the elites(anyone else here play too much Halo) is on Grace or short distance rowing. I'm slowly whittling my time down on that one.

Also on my schedule sometime soon is the 5 rounds of 10x135 Power Clean and 15 Push-Ups, for time. I've also been thinking about working in a BW Clean, BW Bench Press day. Maybe Max reps in x amount of time, or x rounds(Lynne-like)
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Steven Stackpole

Profile:
Hey guys
May 20,05
I did Power clean 135lbs, 10 times
15 push-ups
5 rounds
time was 4:42

At a comp this summer, I did farmers walk with 275lbs in each hand, 200', with 1 turn. No drops, but I forget my time.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Michael Ledney

Profile:
So wait, that's 50 135# cleans with a 75 pushup chaser < 5 mins? Never mind...

I'll come up with something on my break and let you guys know how it goes. If Santa brings me a digital camera I'll film it.

Right now I'm leaning toward minimizing my "Lynne" time, maybe do one at the beginning of every 3-day cycle. Alternately I like that BW clean, BW bench, and maybe pullups +50% of BW for time or reps. Not sure my pullup bars will handle 345# though.