CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Here are 15 pages of workouts we do in my gym. There are many more but I haven't named them yet. Please feel free to use these and to modify them in whatever way suits your training.

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen : 10-02-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
Russ Greene

Profile:

Thanks, Eugene. I'm always looking for new ideas. Unfortunately I don't have much of the equipment for these workouts but I will when I get back to DC. How do you work in skill and strength work in gymnastics and weightlifting to your metabolic conditioning workouts, and how do you usually fit in your triathlon or longer endurance training with your crossfit training? Have you seen much carryover from your longer crossfit workouts to your longer distance running, swimming, and biking?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Russ - My workouts trend toward the metcon end of things because of my endurance/triathlon background but all can be adjusted upward in weight and downward in reps for a greater strength impact. You can mix and match the exercises to fit together in a way that better suits your exercise fancy for the day by picking two workouts at random and mixing the exercise and reps schemes together and going heavier than I suggest. My triathlon workouts are done in the morning before or in the evening after my CF workout training and or on CF rest days. They also sometimes replace a CF workout if that's what I feel like doing that day. All seat of the pants stuff that I select by feel, more art than science here. The carryover is present but only in Olympic and sprint distance races. When the event goes over 3 hours the high intensity work of CF becomes less and less effective...and that's were the Epic workouts come in. The carryover there is much more direct for my long distance races.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Ian Carver

Profile:
Very nice workouts, Eugene. I am like you and tend to do more Metcon workouts with a bit of Oly lifts here and there. I am always looking for long workouts that push the AT and endurance envelope. Some of these will be perfect and I will throw my "Manbreaker" workout in the "long" section as well. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Jonathan McMahan

Profile:
thanks for putting that on here. it helps us alot.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to Workout of the Day
Old 08-18-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
Chris Kemp

Profile:
Eugene, thank you so much for putting this out there. I have been cycling a longer met-con wod into my schedule about once a week and this has given me a bundle of new workouts to suffer through.

I did "Vest of Tribulation" today with the following subs

4 rounds for time

Run 400
40 Push Press (75)
15 Pullups
15 Ring Pushups (sub 20" incline push-ups)

As modded in 25:04. All reps solid, all runs at 10.5mph.

This was a kicker!!

Thanks again mate.

Cheers kempie
Old 08-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
Charlie Reid

Profile:
Lovin' it. Thanks, Eugene!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
I had Fractured Runny Angie in here twice so I fixed that and I took out the 2 minute drill to make room for Colleen's A Jerk. Now don't get any funny ideas here, I don't mean the real Colleen...just the workout. Tough variation:

Do a burpee to a pair of dumbbells but kick your feet back on top of a box or a bench. Do a pushup that way then kick you feet back under. Stand with the bells to a full squat clean and then stand for the 3 jerks making the first of the three a thruster. When you squat back down be sure to squat straight down don't flop forward onto the dumbbells. Work on keeping your feet together for the kickbacks and the recovery...you will tend to do one at a time as you get tired. Try it with 35's adjusting for strength and see how quickly you can do 10 of them. Cursing is not necessarily but it is highly likely.

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen : 10-02-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
Michael Latch

Profile:
Eugene, we did a slightly modified version of your workout, "You Want Me To Do What?????" today...it was awesome.

The only thing I changed was I substituted kettlebell swings for the situps, because we worked on some Abmat stuff separately.

Thanks, and keep these coming!

Mike in L.A.
www.valleycrossfit.com